Double counting?

I have been doing a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvd. I count it as General Aerobics, but I wear my activity tracker--which is counting the steps. Since I am getting credit for both the steps and the general aerobics, I think I am double counting. How do others handle this? Thanks! Dessa

Replies

• HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    edited January 2017
    I log all activities only on Garmin Connect (I have a Vivofit), and allow only GC to sync with MFP. I've discovered that GC won't doublecount calories burned or steps made as long as they fall during the same timeframe of the logged activity, and MFP won't doublecount them as long as I don't let multiple apps sync with MFP (e.g., I don't let the C25K app sync with MFP; I manually log those runs in GC and let it do all the syncs).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    It sounds like you are double counting as you suspect. Pick one method and stick to it. I would track exercise and then eat back 50% of calories earned. Step count, calorie burns are massively overestimated in my opinion.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Rule of thumb is to log exercise on your tracker (which will sync it here to MFP) and only log your food on MFP.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    As long as the start and stop times sync up, MFP will override the tracker calories. If you want both the tracker #s and a MFP record, track your exercise on MFP as being 1 calorie for 1 minute. Then the tracker numbers will be used. Or use the MFP notes section in your diary.
  • DessaLyn327
    DessaLyn327 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks everyone :)