Not motivated enough

I'm trying to workout more and really wanting to tone up my stomach area but I just lack motivation. I want to eat better but I get so tempted and then when I exercise I feel great but I never continue to do it, I'll workout one day and then for the rest of week just make excuses for myself. I want to change but I'm struggling. I'd love to go to the gym but my anxiety gets the best of me and I feel like everyone's making a mockery of me since I'm so inexperienced with the workout equipment.. Any really good in home workouts I could try?

Replies

• stewartmisty88
    stewartmisty88 Posts: 31 Member
    New to MFP and im in the sameee boat. Today was day 1 of a workout. I too have anxiety at the gym. Youtube is my friend. Today i googled at home workout videos and found lots a great videos. We got this....1 day at a time!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Leslie Sansone walking dvd's are good....I love the kettlebell Worx program (dvd's and it comes with a kettlebell)....30 day shred with Jillian Michael's ...I hope you find your motivation :) Wishing you much success ...feel free to add me
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    I can totally understand how anxiety might make the gym feel intimidating even when you brain knows that no-one there is looking at you. If you can afford it, and really want to work out in the gym, you could always try hiring a trainer for a limited number of sessions with the express purpose of having them teach you how to use the equipment that is relevant to your goals.
  • AngieSchaible
    AngieSchaible Posts: 84 Member
    If you have a Wii I advise you to try the Walk It Out game (Which is a fun game like Dance Dance Revolution except its just walking to the beat of the music which is easier on the joints and knees ).

Heck even getting hooked on a show or anime on netflix will work wonders to get you on a treadmill or a elliptical just remember the golden unwritten rule to never watch the show on the couch!

• anastasias30
    anastasias30 Posts: 122 Member
    I also felt anxious at the gym for the same reasons until one day while working out with my nephew he said to me "The gym is one place you can NOT be self conscious at!"