Protein powder at work?

Options
dbkyser
dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
I am having a hard time getting all my protein, and mid-week chicken breast starts to get real old and I just can not eat fish.
Wondering if there is a way to mix protein powder and save it in the fridge, or should I just buy the premixed protein for work.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    In addition to chicken breasts, make pork chops or lean cuts of beef.
    Re premixed: If your work is like mine, do the absolute easiest thing that helps you reach your goal -- buy the premixed protein.
  • craigspaterson33
    craigspaterson33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try some plant based proteins.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I keep a protein shaker at work and just take in powder in a small Tupperware pot as required.
    Normally buy milk to mix it in though as prefer the taste/texture.

Talking of milk and other milk products - handy way to boost your protein intake.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I have no issues mixing my protein powder and refrigerating it for a few hours or freezing it into a slushie. Just be sure you mix it well when you make it and shake it a few good times before you drink it.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Take powder in a shaker to work, fill with water when you need it and drink? Pretty easy I'd say.

That's what I'm thinking. Or, if you want to mix ahead of time and keep in the fridge, I find it chills to a nice consistency.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I keep a protein shaker at work and just take in powder in a small Tupperware pot as required.
    Normally buy milk to mix it in though as prefer the taste/texture.

Talking of milk and other milk products - handy way to boost your protein intake.

This. Some shaker bottles have a compartmrnt to hold the powder so you don't need a separate container.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Take powder in a shaker to work, fill with water when you need it and drink? Pretty easy I'd say.

Ya, that's probably the easiest, cheapest option.

Because I like fat & fiber with my protein drinks, when I worked in an office I made a smoothie in the AM and brought it to work.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you trying to have?

You can buy shaker cups with a screw off container on the bottom to keep a scoop in.

You can also drink milk, take hard boiled eggs, biltong, chick pea salads.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I bring mine in my shaker, and then just add water when I want to have it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I mix mine at home and refrigerate it in the break room. It works fine for the few hours it is there.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I send my husband with protien powder in a shaker bottle and a tbsp or 2 of pb2. I also send a container of milk Incase he wants to mix with that instead of his normal water.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I leave mine in the fridge premixed in a shaker usually.. even overnight until the next day sometimes. It doesn't seem to be any different.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    well, I have a bag of protein on my desk and a shaker. I go to the kitchen, fill the shaker with cold water, come back to my desk and add a scoop of protein. shake. drink.

easy.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

This. Also look into getting protein from other sources too. Get your portobello mushroom on! For example. Also stuff like flax and chia will have protein. Not necessarily high amounts, but it adds up and gives you other awesome nutrients.
  • Tr4pQueen
    Tr4pQueen Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine in with yogurt also. Choc protein powder and vanilla yogurt, tons of protein.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Tr4pQueen wrote: »
    I like to mix mine in with yogurt also. Choc protein powder and vanilla yogurt, tons of protein.

This too!!! SOOOO DELICIOUS!
  • daweasel
    daweasel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know you're asking specifically about protein shakes at work, but if you're after other options and you have a fridge, things like single-serve tubs of Greek yoghurt are good. I'm also a fan of a few slices of lean deli meat or making my own mini burger patties with lean mince.
  • locotoro
    locotoro Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    First post here! I got a box under my desk which contains 2 large bags of protein whey, 1 bag of BCAAs, 1 bag of creatine monohydrate, 1 bag of psyllium husk and multivitamin and cod liver oil.

What's the problem with keeping it at work with a flask at the ready?

For alternatives, most mini sausage snacks will be high in protein which can be kept in the fridge or the yoghurt with Protein is always a good option.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am at work and have my bag of protein powder....