meeting macros

Options
They say a man like me should eat around 2500 calories a day, so im targeting at 2100 calories, im meeting all my Macros, 184 Protein/210 carbs/58 fat, so I should be good to lose weight right? Im working on losing around 50lbs!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • faizzz
    faizzz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    and when you stall just set it lower, my maintenance is at 2,300 at 165lbs 5'8'' but my cutting calories is at 1,400, sometimes lower. it's up to you on how aggressive you want to approach it and how much weight you want to lose.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    They say a man like me should eat around 2500 calories a day, so im targeting at 2100 calories, im meeting all my Macros, 184 Protein/210 carbs/58 fat, so I should be good to lose weight right? Im working on losing around 50lbs!

Probably. Just make sure you get a food scale and log daily for accuracy. Reassess changes after 4-6 weeks.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Probably. Just make sure you get a food scale and log daily for accuracy. Reassess changes after 4-6 weeks.

Yep its amazing the difference using a scale, for so long i was underestimating my calories before i got a scale