Options
2»

Replies

• Shawxxl
    Shawxxl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Helloooooo????

Lol funny. :)
    I use my protein diet whey first thing. :)
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Shawxxl wrote: »
    Helloooooo????

Lol funny. :)
    I use my protein diet whey first thing. :)

I wanted to get the weight loss bundle that's on sale! I don't know if it's actually useful, but I think even if it's not very effective it doesn't really matter because it gives me motivation. It's fun preparing all your stuff. Don't know if that makes me weird
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 sliced onion
    1 sliced bell pepper
    1 tomato
    2 eggs beaten
    maybe 50g of bacon cubes
    cumin, chili, etc etc mix depending on mood:)

Fry the lot in 15g of butter. Onions & pepper first to soften (or even darken - depends on taste) together with spices. Then add tomato and bacon. When happy with it - add in two beaten eggs (and a bit of salt and pepper) and leave to set or stir for scrambled.

Low carb and less that 500 cals. Will keep your body going for a long time and give it what it needs. Especially in winter.

Some folks laugh at it and say you can't loose weight on that but think about it...

No sugar, only protein and fat (mostly). It's filling, warm and tasty. Lots of nutrients. No need to snack and all that polava.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds amazing!! And sounds like a good hangover cure hehe!!
  • gingerygal
    gingerygal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I make a crustless quiche that lasts me through the week. Here are the ingredients for the one I'm eating this week:

12 eggs
    8oz button mushrooms
    10 oz frozen spinach
    3 oz feta cheese
    1/4 cup shredded parmasean cheese
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    butter/oil for the bottom of the pan
    spices of your choosing

Preheat oven to 375. Thaw spinach, chop mushrooms, mix everything except the mozzarella cheese and butter/oil together in a big bowl.

Coat baking pan with butter/oil (I use coconut oil) so it doesn't stick. Pour mixture in. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 45 min.

Servings: 8

Nutrition per serving:

Cal: 171
    Fat: 11
    Carb: 3
    Protein: 15
    Fiber: 1
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds amazing!! And sounds like a good hangover cure hehe!!

It always works for hangovers...

But thats not it's main goal....

I spent a long time going to dietitian, I lost a lot of weight (down to 90kg) doing low-carb and could run 15km and things were great. My daughter got ill and over the last 18 months - it's gone back up (mainly from larger portions and booze). Now I'm starting over again...

Cutting out the booze and going back to low carb.

This is one example of just how easy it can be to do that - especially when it gets cold and wet out side. It leaves you full and happy:)

I'm also a big fan of BBQ - so using BBQ for meat and what not is great. SHame there isn't a low carb booze (I know it's not strictly high-carb but it's more that its empty calories).

Personally I won't touch low-fat & low-calorie products with a barge pole. They are fake and contain that much rubbish - its not good. Always fresh food where I can and avoid sugars.

As a side note - a dietitian is certainly someone to talk to. They can really help you come to terms with why you eat, what you eat and how you eat. Also, they look at the individual and recommend an approach based on that rather than what you may read in a magazine or web site.

Main thing I think though is that to make a go of it, you need to commit to changing your lifestyle. Not just to changing a bit of food:) Where you can, use the stairs or walk/bike instead of taking car or bus. Instead of sitting in front of TV, go out and walk (you can take an audio book or listen to music if you can't deal with the silence). Get a dog - they need lots of walks. Understand that if you have a bad day, so what, you have way more better days. Modern life makes us concentrate on the bad rather than the good. If you don't do as good as you want to, admit it to yourself and look at why you didn't do as good as you can. Be honest and then make adjustments for next time...

If you do good or better than expected on something, look at why and incorporate those things into other areas.

hmm - sorry - from hangover cure to soapbox in three little paragraphs:)

Main thing is - stick with it, you will succeed.
  • megsi886
    megsi886 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I'm a cottage cheese + fruit girl. It's just got such a good protein ratio, and it's fast. My real favorite breakfast is a bit of andouille with two eggs served over slightly tough greens: baby chard, spinach, something like that. My grocery isnt stocking the andouille lately and my eggs and greens habit is suffering.

I can have a little fruit in the morning but if I start the day with sugar I seem to crave sugar all day.

How do you eat an avocado on the bus?