Introduction

jimarico
jimarico Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I'm here for a life change with a goal of October to lose 63 of the 102 lbs. I want to lose in total. We have a trip planned to Mexico and I want to be at 199 so that I feel comfortable sitting around the pool and am not an embarassment to my husband. I picked today to do this after I already had way too many calories for breakfast (stressful day today - grandfather's funeral). So, I probably should have waited until tomorrow when things calm down. :tongue: but oh well.

So far myfitnesspal has been the most user friendly site I have found so it's encouraging.

Replies

• jimarico
    jimarico Posts: 2
    I'm here for a life change with a goal of October to lose 63 of the 102 lbs. I want to lose in total. We have a trip planned to Mexico and I want to be at 199 so that I feel comfortable sitting around the pool and am not an embarassment to my husband. I picked today to do this after I already had way too many calories for breakfast (stressful day today - grandfather's funeral). So, I probably should have waited until tomorrow when things calm down. :tongue: but oh well.

So far myfitnesspal has been the most user friendly site I have found so it's encouraging.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Hi!
    I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I am glad that you started today. Congratulations on making the decision. I made the decision too recently to make myself a priority. We are going on summer holidays to Florida for 2 weeks in August. I bought a beautiful bathing suit that I really want to wear on the beach. I put it on am piece of cardboard and put it up in my closet and have to look at it every day while I chose my clothes for the day. It is keeping me motivated.
    Take it a day at a time. If you have a rough moment, eat what you don't think you should, then what I have been doing is let the moment go, journal it, although I hate it, then move on. I try not to let it become an excuse to go hog wild for the rest of the day.
    This is a lifestyle change, so it is a transformation that I want to stay forever, so the road is going to be bumpy.
    Good luck, and keep us posted on your success.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Hello, I'm also sorry about your Grandfather.

I decide to join today because my friend showed me this site. So far it's a nice place. I was on a different site that she showed me before, she convinced me to join this one because It has a forum and has more of a perfessional apperance.

I'm kinda thying to lose wieght as alife style change. I'm only 18 but ecveryone who talks to me for the first time usually thinks I'm older because of my wieght. They say I look like an older woman. I sick of that i want people to guess my age a bit more acurately. I also don't like shopping for clothes, the fashions that are out there right now are to tight and revealing for my tastes ( and body type) so i'm shopping in the same sections and stores that my mother shops in9 no offenswe to those styling mom's out there but I'm 18 I don't wanna dress like I'm 30)
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You have my greatest sympathy . This is a great site to for accomplishing your goals.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Condolences for the loss of your grandfather. Just look at today as your baby step towards a healthier lifestyle.

Welcome :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.