After surgery

Hi, I'm looking for some safe cardio exercises. I recently had knee surgery and I'm trying to shed the weight I put on while I was hurt.
Any ideas?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I encourage you to talk to your doctor and ask for a referral to a physical therapist who can teach you exercises appropriate for your situation. Knees can be very tempermental and we have no idea what was wrong with your knee and what kind of surgery was done. I would think that walking, elliptical, and rowing would be good choices to ask a qualified medical professional about. To lose weight, you need to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Have you checked with your doctor? I had knee surgery several years ago and did upper body strength training with my doctor's blessing. After a certain amount of time, he allowed me to ride a stationary bike for 10 minutes, gradually increasing my time. It felt like it would be an eternity before I could get back to workouts but it actually passed rather quickly! Take care and give your knee some time to heal. You'll get there!