Noob workout!

Options
I am a noob and am having a hard time getting motivated for exercises. I use to be active but fell off over the years. Is there any thing anyone can suggest for getting started back up again. I want to do cardio and weight lifting but am limited to the house and neighborhood.

Replies

• rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Try C25K (couch to 5k race) for cardio, it's a running program. There are apps just for C25K, and Endomondo or MapMyRun have training plans (you have to get premium but it's not much for a month) plus they will record your runs. For strength there are several apps that have bodyweight programs like Runtastic Results, Nike Training, Sworkit... there are lots. Full Fitness is one I use that has bodyweight as well as dumbbell and resistance band exercises if you want to get some equipment. Others will come up with lots of other suggestions, there really is a lot out there. Plus if you want something totally free you can get videos on Youtube.
  • RefocusedPowerhouse
    Options
    Definitely You Tube videos....search until you find someone to inspire you and along the way you'll be surprised to find that your mind and attitude has changed simply because you changed your influences. You're on the right path...You are aware of the need to change, you joined MFP, and you are seeking resources---Keep it going!
    (Daily Power Moves will get you there!)