Getting remotivated to be fit by 50--anyone else like me?

Options
13»

Replies

• LauraPrieto
    Options
    I'm back and I want to make this work.... Doing Zumba for 6 hours each week for 2 months and only lost 5 lbs. I'm maintaining, but I need to lose more..... I have some health issues, but more importantly I want to be in shape by Dec. 5 - I'm also turning 50. I could use some friends for support and cheer.... :wink: Please add me....
  • HSDramamom
    HSDramamom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as many here... heading full-speed towards that number 50. I said I wouldnt be fat at 30... that failed... then I promised myself there was no way I would be forty and fat... but I guess I didnt want it bad enough... now 50 is round the corner, and this time I will achieve my goal!!! with a little help from my friends :)

Thank you for starting the Fit by 50 group! Yea!
  • HSDramamom
    Options
    A Fit by 50 group has been started by Tracey! Thanks so much! Let's help each other reach our goals! It is so fun getting to "meet" all these new acquaintances!

Christina
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45 (yesterday). Count me in!
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A Fit by 50 group has been started by Tracey! Thanks so much! Let's help each other reach our goals! It is so fun getting to "meet" all these new acquaintances!

Christina
    I was just about to post here that I had just started this group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15443-fit-by-50 but you beat me to it LOL. Heres hoping we can all help each other get fit and lose weight
  • putt42
    putt42 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im in. 52 now started my jorney 2.5 years ago. Down 75 lbs and now im just really working on getting ripped. Good luck. Remember one step at a time.
  • bacn60s
    bacn60s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this since April 11 of this year. So far I have lost 46 lbs. I am 63 year old man. Trying to be young again..
    I started out walking a mile after every meal. Now I am walking 3 miles before 6 am .
    Just set your GOAL and stick with it...Seems to work for me.
    Walk as often as u can....Stay FOCUSED... We are all working together here.
    Good Luck
    Bill
  • HSDramamom
    Options
    Thank you for such great motivation!
    I have been doing this since April 11 of this year. So far I have lost 46 lbs. I am 63 year old man. Trying to be young again..
    I started out walking a mile after every meal. Now I am walking 3 miles before 6 am .
    Just set your GOAL and stick with it...Seems to work for me.
    Walk as often as u can....Stay FOCUSED... We are all working together here.
    Good Luck
    Bill
  • HSDramamom
    Options
    If you haven't yet joined the "Fit by 50" group, we would like to get to know you there and have more accountability! :D

Christina
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ME! ME! ME! I am 48 and working hard at getting healthier! 51.5 down and 29 to go!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I will be 45 in November and I just said this the other day... I want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit 50. Working towards it! :drinker:
  • kyliep99
    kyliep99 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi there, I'm turning 43 and have had to battle with food & exercise all my life just to maintain my weight, I think I put on weight just looking at cake - not looking forward to menopause - I can see we won't get along!
  • browngirlfriend
    Options
    I'm 47 and was in denial about menopause weight gain. It's funny how it creeps up on you (smile). Especially in the mid-section! Cut out bad carbs, white bread, crackers, fried foods, sugars, basically all the foods I used to eat before the weight gain. I'm doing the 60-day "Insanity" workout, on Week 5 (I figured, it could only help). But, I refuse to weight myself until I "feel or look a little better", don't want to be disappointed (smile).
  • gassyman
    gassyman Posts: 6
    Options
    i would jump on the quickly, except I'm 58 already!
  • ThisIsItAt50
    ThisIsItAt50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in the turning 50's club! October for me.... ugh! I don't drink, don't smoke - my drug of choice when I am stressed is food :( Big-time emotional eater! I have less than 3 months to feel decent in my body.... help! :huh:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up! How's everybody doing?
  • beagles88
    Options
    I am with you.... I have 2 years before 50 but a lot of work to do before then..
    I just went to the doctor yesterday ... only for him to tell him you need to loose 30 pounds.... knowing it is one thing but actually hearing a doctor tell you in another.... menopause has not been a friend of mine...

BUT I am going to do this!!!! I am taking 1 day at a time... its all we can do.....
    I would love to have friends to help with this journey!!
  • sdawkins2166
    Options
    I just turned 47 in May and was at the heaviest weight of my life (221 lbs). I rejoined MFP a few weeks ago. I've been eating 1200-1500 calories per day and getting the lipotropic injections, walking my dog and working in the yard for exercise. Now I'm 7 lbs down in 2 weeks! My goal weight is 160 lbs (I'm 5'8") and I need some motivation to stick with it this time. Feel free to friend me!
  • HSDramamom
    Options
    Ugh...I've recently "fallen off the food/exercise wagon". We had a LOT of BIG, unexpected crises with friends in the last few weeks, which threw me reaally off kilter. The interesting thing is, I haven't gained any weight, though I KNOW I've been consuming more calories. Honestly, I'm even thinking after talking with a friend of mine who has recently been doing a lot of research on clean eating, that a calorie really is not necessarily a calorie. I KNOW that's just a very debatable topic, but I think I'm going to focus less on caloric intake and more on low glycemic foods and exercise...more South Beach eating.

I hope to get back into the gym again by Friday. I'll at least be walking and doing some Pilates tomorrow!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    hi hu, you can add me if you want , I am 49, will be 50 in March and I am considered a pretty fit chic, be happy to pass along anything , I have learned along the way, it is harder as we get older but completely do-able...:flowerforyou: