Settings.

Options
I was wondering how many of you put your own calories protein and that in your settings or do you go by what mfp sets for you.

I tried just to see what it would set for me and got this:
It recommended
calories 2660
carb 333g
protein 133g
fat 89g

Is that not too much. Im 375 pounds and do not exercise yet.

Thanks

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I have used the calorie amounts that MFP sets for me while I've lost weight. I do tweak my macros, but the MFP calories have been spot on for me. I would suggest trying it for 4-6 weeks and see where it gets you before you start tweaking.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I tweaked my protein levels, increased it 10%. I've found that if I increase my protein, I'm less likely to snack during the day.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    That looks like a good starting spot for you to practice and get the hang of logging.

As you lose weight, you'll need to recalculate since smaller bodies burn fewer calories.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many of you put your own calories protein and that in your settings or do you go by what mfp sets for you.

I tried just to see what it would set for me and got this:
    It recommended
    calories 2660
    carb 333g
    protein 133g
    fat 89g

Is that not too much. Im 375 pounds and do not exercise yet.

Thanks

What did you put in for your stats?
    Sex
    Weight
    Goal weight
    Loss per week

Otherwise, the numbers don't look out of line for me. At ~320 I had a calorie goal of ~2300. For a 6' male.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    That looks reasonable.

As far as goals go, I typically don't track any longer. But, when I did, I used MFP's Calorie goal, but tweaked my protein and fat macros (which automatically tweaks my carbs) to more closely align with my goals.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i tweaked my own also...have tried a few combinations over the years and the last 3 years or so maintained with lower carb diet..
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Based on the numbers he sent me privately, BMR ~2675 X 1.2 (assuming sedentary) 3,210 less 1000 for 2 lb loss ~2,300. If you put in lightly active than that would be 2675 X 1.375 for 3678 less 1000 to 2678 so that would be close to the 2660 you list.

It's not too much as long as you are not sedentary (I am, outside of exercise). So try it and see what happens for weight loss. If you are concerned it is too high, maybe split the difference and aim for 2,500. But you will have to adjust it down as you go along.

I started around 2,300 (330 lbs) and am now ~1700 (270 lbs) excluding exercise (started C25K, so ~250 every morning).