How to best start your day?

Options
Hi everyone!
I am very new member of MFP , I am a mother , my son is 7 years old school going . My day starts at 6 am when I have to be up and start getting things ready for him and my husband. I'm struggling with putting a routine in there with my new weight loss journey. I want to start my day with exercise but I can't do that until they are out that's almost at 8 am. And usually that just leaves me hungry for full 2 hours. I don't think that's healthy. Please advise.

Replies

• cchhiipp22
    cchhiipp22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What about a small snack when you first get up, just to get you through those two hours until you can exercise?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you have breakfast when you get up, you can work out at 8, no?
  • CynnaMonkey
    CynnaMonkey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am usually up at the same time. I have found that a quick and easy protein shake is the answer. I use a fine protein powder (I hate gritty) with a good fiber powder. We add blueberries, a banana, honey vanilla Greek yogurt (Not bitter), cashew milk and basically it holds me off for a few hours. It is pretty low in calories plus satisfies my sweet craving. It can be put into a to go cup but with the powders it will separate so you have to drink it right away. I used to be an absolute no go on protein shakes. This one though became my go to. We happen to use the Costco MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder in ours but whatever you prefer. You can switch up your shake but if you're in a hurry you can also go with Cliff Bars they offer high protein. They are also high in sugar though and can be a trigger for your sugar cravings.

Workout wise turn some music on and get moving at any time. It just takes 15 minutes! Out your phone alarm on and tell yourself to do some jumping jacks, burpees, pushups, etc! Get your heart rate up. If you don't have a fitness monitor get one that at least tracks heart rate and can tell you that much so you can get yourself moving. Mine will tell me throughout the day to move and buzz me so at those times when I can I try to get my heart rate up.

Having more friends always helps. They are excellent motivators! You are welcome to add me of course!

Good luck!
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30. Shower. Yoga. Make a smoothie + my salad for lunch. Meditate for 20 minutes. Get dressed and catch the bus.

Oh, you had a specific question. Guess I just like bragging about my routine. Really though, Smoothie is good but takes 10 minutes to make. Over night oats could be good, protein bars.
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I start my morning with a cup of coffee and either a Grapefruit or a small bowl of oatmeal. You can always prepare the grapefruit the night before so it will be ready in the morning.
    Works for me.
  • Amber_7556
    Amber_7556 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I always thought it's better working out on an empty stomach early in the morning. But I will try all your suggestions.