Polar ft4 not measuring heart rate

Options
Hi there!

Recently the battery in the watch of my polar heart rate monitor died. I replaced it, but now when I work out, I'm having a lot of problems with the signal reaching the watch. I have replaced the battery in the band, and after 10-15 minutes can move the band to a place where the signal is finally picked up, but then whenever I start moving/working out, the signal is lost again. It is very frustrating. I've recently restarted Insanity, and it's irritating that I can't measure my burn accurately. Did anyone else experience this or have a solution? It worked perfectly fine before!

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• playadelcarmen2
    playadelcarmen2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem for two weeks. I changed both bateries, sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesnt. I haven't given in and bought a new one yet, but am on the verge. Hope somebody has an answer.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I have an RS model and the manual says to send it to a Polar authorized service center, even for a simple battery replacement. Well, I bypassed them and went to a Batteries Plus store where they had the cheap battery for it... the guy said it was cool, he has dealt with these watches before. My watch is basically useless now. One minute the battery is full, the next it's beeping because it's low. Totally screwy.

I bought it on sale originally and got a lot of use out of it so I wasn't pressed to mail it to Polar after the shenanigans. Check your manual to see what it says about your specific model and battery replacement. Apparently they require an expert's touch.