Water Retention from Plane

Is it possible to retain water even from short flights? (hour long) I know it is for multiple hour flights, but how about short ones?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Of course...the time is irrelevant.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Yup, I puff up every time I fly, even when it's only the 1 hour trip back home.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Never happened to me...lol:)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Yep very possible. The effects are more pronounced on long haul flights though (I gained 7-8lbs on a 12 hour flight).
  • LindaRN83
    LindaRN83 Posts: 156 Member
    What is the solution to the problem, then? I just recently began drinking more water, counting calories & steps & have lost a bit of weight. A trip to Ireland is planned for the end of May, & in the past, my legs become very swollen during long plane flights. Will drinking more water & getting up to walk around during the flight help with the edema?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Nicuqueen wrote: »
    What is the solution to the problem, then? I just recently began drinking more water, counting calories & steps & have lost a bit of weight. A trip to Ireland is planned for the end of May, & in the past, my legs become very swollen during long plane flights. Will drinking more water & getting up to walk around during the flight help with the edema?

It's not a problem as it is just water weight. It's not slowing your fat loss or causing you to gain fat. Be patient, stay hyrdated and it will go.
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    I always experience this. I bring and drink 1-1.5L of water on flights and my own healthy snacks. Sometimes a protein bar or unsalted nuts. Or i stick to water. No matter what, I puff out and it takes me a couple of days to normalize. Long haul flights take longer. It's the worst!