Any tips on losing weight with a jam packed busy schedule with out starving?

Options
2»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Consume less calories than you burn in a day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I work full-time and attend university part-time, working toward my Master's degree. Plus I'm an active member of a cycling club (currently planning and organising 10 events) as well as training to ride the events.

Happily, eating and food can become background noise. I know what to eat and when, and I know it will come in under the required calories. So I don't have to worry about it! It's like a weight has been lifted. I can focus my attention on all the other things I do and don't have to think about the food aspect of my day at all ... except on grocery shopping day. I do have to make sure I'm stocked up on my food, but that's about an hour out of my week.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I think the word "starving" should be banned from being used in any first world country. Anyhoo...

You need to burn more calories than you consume. That's it. There's no secret. How you want to achieve that is up to you.

+1

I might feel hungry sometimes, and "I'm starving!" enters my head ... but I just tell myself, "No you're not! You're getting enough calories just like you have been every day for the last couple years. You're nowhere near starving."

• slefko
    slefko Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You could always look and see if there are any healthy meal prep companies in your area. I work two jobs, and at the end of summer I had some pretty bad personal issues going on, and between stress and work I just couldn't find time to take care of myself. Its more expensive than just meal prepping myself, but it was such a huge weight off my shoulders, not having to worry about what I was going to eat or when I was going to find time to prep.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    batch cooking/food prep. I always have single portion containers of meals in the freezer, containers in the fridge with wax-paper-wrapped portions of egg salad/tuna salad/chicken salad/salmon salad, another container of cooked arepas, a carton of hard boiled eggs, a bagged supply of Clif bars, a pile of single portion containers of yogurt along with a pile of small containers of jam to go with the yogurt. On any given morning/after a run/before dancing, all I have to do is grab some combination of ready-portioned items. On most days, I leave in the morning and go from work to a run to dancing, getting back home around 11pm at night.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    2 words: slow cooker. Batch cooking while you sleep (or work).