I can't stop eating!!!

Options
When I was dieting I found myself hungry all of the time so I decided to try to take in more calories to see if that would do the trick.. now I am seriously hungry all of the time! I wasn't even in that much of a calorie deficit. But now I feel like I could eat 6 full blown meals a day and still have room for snacks. Even when I'm full it is so hard to stop. These are starting to feel like binges. An all day everyday binge. I just can't get my mind off of food. How do you guys do it? Like tell yourself that enough is enough?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Stop depriving yourself. If you want to lose weight, you need an appropriate calorie deficit, not try to eat as little as possible.
  • jenniferjohnsonclark
    Options
    I too am always hungry. Some things that worked for me. Drink a big bottle of water before eating. I fill up 20oz bottles and have 5 in the fridge ready to go. I also recently discovered LaCroix (0 calories) flavored water. Coconut flavored is my favorite as I am not a water lover. I also flavor my water w lemon as water can get boring.
    If I'm still really hungry and I struggle w eating late, I take 2 pills of Hoodia and that suppresses my appetite. Logging my foods helped a lot. Take a look at what you are eating. I noticed I wasn't eating enough protein to keep me full. Hard Boiled egg whites are my go-to protein source on the go. Laura bars are another good snack that's filling and easy to carry in my purse (blueberry & key lime pie are my favorite). Hope that helps and best of luck :smile:
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi :) I know the feeling! Work on increasing your daily activity/steps which will not only distract you, but can give you some more calories to eat, for wiggle room.

Your best initial steps are to go here, plug in your stats, eat all the calories it gives you (for maintenance, or weight loss, or whatever your aim is).

Make sure you get enough filling fibre - snack on fresh vegetables and fruit. If you're having regular snacks make sure you pair whatever you're having with fat, which can help with satiety, e.g. an apple and a stick of cheddar. Nuts are brilliant too (weighed and logged as it's easy to eat a lot more than planned).

Water, water, water, and/or diet drinks, will help you feel full.

Edited for grammar derp.