There and back again, a hobbits journey to weightloss and self love

Options
Hi guys!

So I have used this site before and successfully lost a stone and a half over a year, which I was very happy with as I believe losing it slower and healthily is the key to keeping it off! Unfortunately as with many other people I got in a relationship, went out to eat lots, drank lots of wine and now here I am 3 years later with it all back on plus more!

In September I joined Slimming World and lost 10 pounds but was finding it super expensive on the food shop and a bit restrictive (avocado off limits what's all that about!?). After gaining half of it back on Over Xmas I decided to stick to what I know and come back with my tail between my legs.

This time it isn't just about losing weight, it's also about learning how to eat that odd chocolate bar and beating myself up about it for hours and self sabotaging myself for the entire day/week. It's about accepting that some weeks I may not lose much and others not at all but that's OK because its a lifestyle change not a fad diet. And it's about focusing on the positives such as what I have achieved rather then what I haven't.

Some people think 'dieting' is easy but as someone who has such a turbulent love/hate relationship with both food and myself I find it the hardest thing ever!

I honestly don't know if I would have been so successful on here previously were it not for my fabulous MFP friends and their support so feel free to add me and I too will offer my support - no judgment or criticism just plain ol' support.