I don't want to take Celexa anymore!

Options
2»

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Many times when people are taking meds and they "start to feel good again" they believe they do not need the meds in order to function everyday. Yes, depending on severity of diagnosis, many people can find other ways to manage symptoms and others may need to accept they will have to take a pill(s) for the rest of their lives for symptom management. OP, I am not directing this at you in particular, just making a general statement.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Weight gain is not inevitable. I lost weight after I started taking it for an anxiety problem. I've tapered off Celexa a few times, to see if I would feel okay without it, WITH my doctor's approval. I do feel much better with it, I'm more resilient, and I sleep better when I'm taking it. I take the lowest dose that works for me.

I've also been told that daily exercise is mandatory self-care for people suffering from anxiety, and I take that seriously.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses.

I will contact my doctor before I make any desicion.

She put me on Celexa because I have anxiety. But when I take it, I feel zombie-like, and have weird thoughts of death. Sounds weird I know. Nothing like dangerous, but just thinking about death and ways people die. My head just feels like it's stuffed with a cloud, with a mix of a dull on-going headache. This happens when I am on Celexa.

I would just want to try not being on it, and try curing my anxiety with a better lifestyle and exercise.

You need to talk to your doctor asap. There are other medications. I take Celexa because it doesn't feel like I'm on anything at all. I just feel able to cope. I also take care of myself with a healthy diet, meditation, and exercise, which I was doing before Celexa.