Here because of Calorie Count shut down

Options
Anyone else? This is going to take some getting used to... But I'm really excited that I just "scanned" all the barcodes for the food I eat at home and the info came up without issues!! Handy!!

Replies

• joshgallant_1986
    joshgallant_1986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's tough to get use to this app is a great thing
  • YellowIris1975
    YellowIris1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm AmidalaBaboon on CC.....
    This seams more complicated to my useless brain..... But - lets give it a try xxx
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Once you become familiar with this site and app, you'll like this way better than Calorie Count.
  • Gabizcc
    Gabizcc Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me too. Sad to see cc closing
  • Firstshock
    Firstshock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too.
    Any idea how to friend each other on here?
  • suzyqgg
    suzyqgg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So sad that Calorie Count is closing. Hope to find new friends and old ones and keep me motivated to lose weight
  • pkeiter42
    pkeiter42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another CC refugee here. Fell off the wagon a bit, so to speak, so looking to lose the weight some more and appreciate support from any willing to offer.
  • Trishcolli
    Trishcolli Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There's a community group called 'CALORIE COUNT people set up of that helps . I'm a cc refugee too
  • Infinitejest01
    Infinitejest01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    how great is the bar code scanner!! B)
  • Trishcolli
    Options
    I know it's like wow ! I'm missing the photos but I hear that's in the works
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Trishcolli wrote: »
    There's a community group called 'CALORIE COUNT people set up of that helps . I'm a cc refugee too

@Trishcolli and everyone else coming over from Calorie Count -- Welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

I am including a link to the group that @trishcolli created here to help everyone find each other.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118372-calorie-count-people
  • robhod1
    robhod1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ive been using the ap for a few years but I've only just discovered the barcode scanner!? I need to pay more attention to things.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Use the website first. It's much easier to move around in until you get used to things. I always thought Calorie Count and Fatsecret had more accurate databases. I create my own foods here. And its a good community.

I'll second that on the database, I've checked a lot of things on CC's database that were more accurate, while MFP retains a dozen different items that are exactly the same plus half dozen that are flat wrong. And that's for less popular items! It can take forever scrolling for one that is current and correct. The correct ones aren't always the check marked ones either, despite what they say, they don't match the container I'm looking at. Really wish they prioritize a database cleanup. Seems like they said they would years ago (I read them after the fact, I haven't been here that long), but it still needs it (or again?).

The scanner is handy but you have to check if you haven't used that entry before, because the item the scan is linked to may not be the correct/current numbers! I never realized how often manufacturers adjust the numbers.

Sad for CC, but I think it will be a good thing for MFP. :)
  • Trishcolli
    Options
    Thank you @Alex , I didn't know how to do that and wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly ! :)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooo, I loved that program. You will find the people here just as wonderful but I do miss the grade every day although I never seemed to get an A, lol. I switched last year for my Garmin device.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'll second that on the database, I've checked a lot of things on CC's database that were more accurate, while MFP retains a dozen different items that are exactly the same plus half dozen that are flat wrong. And that's for less popular items! It can take forever scrolling for one that is current and correct. The correct ones aren't always the check marked ones either, despite what they say, they don't match the container I'm looking at. Really wish they prioritize a database cleanup. Seems like they said they would years ago (I read them after the fact, I haven't been here that long), but it still needs it (or again?).
    The scanner is handy but you have to check if you haven't used that entry before, because the item the scan is linked to may not be the correct/current numbers! I never realized how often manufacturers adjust the numbers.
    Sad for CC, but I think it will be a good thing for MFP. :)

Quoting myself, (tacky I know), but just wanted to make clear, I wasn't a member of CC (although i did peek at their database!), but Im happy to welcome anyone who was to MFP, and help you adjust, although only started MFP in October so sometimes I dont have answers either O.o
  • d_price01
    d_price01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP on Monday and have to say that I miss Calorie Count. I like the way the reports used to highlight the good and bad qualities that each food had, not to mention all the other vitamin tracking. I am not happy about this I have looked for others but can't find any :(