Options
http://goop.com/why-youre-not-losing-weight/

I didnt read the complete story , just passing along link

Good luck everyone

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sigh why pass on the link. People might read that and believe it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I discovered that the calorie-in/calorie-out hypothesis has been widely disproven and remains the greatest misconception people have about diet and weight loss.

lol
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I discovered that the calorie-in/calorie-out hypothesis has been widely disproven and remains the greatest misconception people have about diet and weight loss.

lol

Yup.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Ugh.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    *reads a tiny part*

Doesn't she make like 60$ worth smoothies on porcelain containers and stuff?

Eh anyway, yeah cortisol is not something to have high levels of, other than that... wait a moment, didn't she have a "trainer" who has people using like 5 lbs dumbells cos otherwise they'd gain an incredible amount of muscle and look like a body builder?? Pffffff so much nonsense
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    ohno. So i wont lose weight if i eat less because it stresses me out??? I have to be calm and relaxed and eat the same then? well *kitten* hahahahaha
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I don't think being super relaxed and eating 2 lbs of cake and 2 liters of soda can get people losing weight
    lol these people...

Well. Dammit! I was gonna go home and meditate with a bag of chips and pop. Way to pop that bubble.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I don't think being super relaxed and eating 2 lbs of cake and 2 liters of soda can get people losing weight
    lol these people...

IIFYM.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Ah Gwyneth. When privilege and derp collide.

Anyone who uses Tracy Anderson as their trainer and nutritionist is way out there
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Great now everyone will be convinced that they have hormone problems and that's why they can't lose weight. They wouldn't go to the doctor or get tests but it's on Goop so it must be true.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh. It's the hormone reset woman. With Gwyneth. LOLOLOL.

The woman has it all wrong. The hormones are out of whack because people are overweight, people aren't overweight because their hormones are out of whack. Adipose tissue is not an inert substance in the first place. Additionally, carrying excess weight messes around with all of your body systems.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    99% of all weight loss failure is related to hormone imbalance.
    90% of the time the hormone is cortisol
    80% of my clients have mental and emotional problems that interfere with their weight loss
    One drink of alcohol can reduce metabolism by as much as 70%

I'm not sure which statistic above makes me want to vomit more! Wow, talk about nonsense. No wonder people can get so confused and frustrated.

Exactly. Really too bad idiots like this (or Dr. Oz or the big O) get media coverage.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Just sayin...
    m8QQK.jpg
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    While we're on the topic of this quack...

http://www.popsugar.com/love/Gwyneth-Paltrow-Jade-Eggs-Vagina-42991370

STAHP.