thinking of starting a new meal plan... take a look?

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
Hey guys... I am a teacher and during the summer its so hard to stay on track eatingwise for me! I am training for a marathon so I am doing a lot of running some days but I really need a schedule. I know it sounds boring but I think besides dinner I might try to eat the same thing every day.... does anyone else do this? heres what I am thinking... feel free to comment! (PS. I am a very picky eater :C)

Wake up (7:00-8:00): 1 slice of pepridge farm soft oatmeal bread with peanut butter, 1 serving of fruit
8:30: This has been the normal time of my run (Just and FYI)
11:00ish- whey protien shake, 1 serving of raw veggies
1:00- yogurt with granola, 1 serving of fruit
3:00- hummus, crackers, 2 servings of veggies
5:00- varies, dinner with the hubby. the portion and what I have will differ with the calories i burned running that day. (will have a serving of fruit with it, sometimes veggies)
8:00- 100 calorie popcorn... or a real fruit bar... not sure what to do with this one really...

any ideas for how this looks? I am open. You won't hurt my feelings. BTW: I am 143lbs 5' 5". I would love to loose 8 lbs but my real goal is to get healthier and run this marathon!

Replies

• tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast 6 days a week. It just works for me because I do not get hungry and requires no thinking. It took awhile for me to find the combination that gave me protein and kepts me from being hungry 1 hour later. I do think it is a personality thing thourh, I am just a person who thrives on schedules and routine.
    One more thought have you ever thought of making your own trail mix? I am a vegetarian and make my own and it gives me a 7g serving of protein with only 200 cal.
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Options
    I eat essentially the same thing for every meal, every day. I find it's much easier then I don't have to "think" about it and then "think" about what I want or what I feel like. I just go and heat it up and eat it. Much simpler, especially with young children.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    during the year i eat basically the same thing because i am so busy it just happens so i figured i need to start doing it now as well.

hmm trail mix sounds yummy. thats a good thought. going on a trip to the beach next week maybe I will make some to take...
  • mariotenuta
    Options
    I would suggest a protein shake or something that has high protein rather then a fruit bar or a high carb snack at night.
  • deborahcee
    deborahcee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The Chobani Greek Yogurt is great for protein. This 6oz serving has anywhere from 120-140 calories (depending on which fruit you choose) and 14-16g of protein. Keeps me satisfied for a long time.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    A lot of people suggest eating the same thing every day. I eat the same breakfast every day, and my lunches are fairly similar--just minor changes between them. I do like to be a bit more creative at dinner, but you need to work out what is best for you.
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    Hi Anne
    You look nice how you are. My trainer has me have a fat free greek yogurt w/ 12 almosnds. No fruit w/ this snack. The granola has a bit of sugar and high in carbs (fruit is good for you but ur adding more sugar )Other wise ide say ur meal plan looks great :) Hope this helps a tincy
  • AnneElise
    Options
    thanks guys, great suggestions! is it bad to have two protien shakes because I have one right after i work out?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat one of the same things for breakfast and lunch each day...I rotate a few of my favorites.

Have any clue what the calorie count is? You said you didn' t care too much but you should be sort of aware how many calories you are taking in and how many are going out for your running/strength.

Overall it looks ok, you may need a little more protein so try substituting greek yogurt for regular yogurt. Also because you don't have too much variety you may get tired of protein shakes, so maybe try some real food for those instead. Have you tried oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in instead of on bread? VERY hearty and may keep you fuller for longer.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I second the Chobani Greek Yogurt. I eat the pineapple flavored one at least 5 days a week. Very tasty!