Quick and easy breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try making a breakfast egg sausage and cheese ( and some veggies if you like) casserole. It will last you several days and all you would have to do is cut out a peice heat it up and go.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs each Sunday so I have them for the coming work week. I eat them with a crisp bread cracker and an orange usually. And a low sodium V8.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My go-to is 1 cup red seedless grapes with 1 single-serve container of fat-free Greek yogurt on top. Then I crumble 1 granola bar of a 2-bar Nature Valley granola bar pack on top. Under 300 calories (varies depending on the variety of bar) and filling! (You can also use regular yogurt or creamed cottage cheese. And other fruits.)
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Eggs in the morning fill me up, but by themselves don't give me enough carbs for energy. Anyway, i don't like being tied to the stove, even for only 3 minutes. I want to throw my breakfast together without handling fire (or sharp knives) in a half awake state, and then curl up in my chair to enjoy it. :)

Put 1/2c frozen berries in a bowl, nuke it for a minute, add 1c yogurt or cottage cheese. You can add some nuts or chocolate chips on top if you want! You can use any kind of fruit, but chopping things in the morning is not something i want to do.

Crack an egg into a bowl, mix it a bit with a fork. Cover and nuke it for a minute, until the egg is cooked. Meanwhile toast a slice of bread. Put egg on toast and eat. You can add butter or cheese if you want!
  • ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fried egg on toast has always been my go to. Takes about four minutes, and I eat my eggs overhard. And you can pop a breakfast sausage or two in the microwave while thats all cooking for the extra protein.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, but one of my favorite foods is my daughter's favorite breakfast. Take a piece of toast (we love sourdough) and smash half an avocado on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. She also likes a couple of slices of bacon on top sometimes.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and a multivitamin.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I eat my breakfast in 2 parts but they are both super easy to grab and go. First half of an rx bar or a brown rice cake with nut butter and smashed berries, then a couple hard boiled eggs with raw veggies and some grapes or an orange. I can eat the bar/rice cake in the car and throw the rest into my bag easily.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    apex0889 wrote: »
    Spray a coffee mug with a bit of olive oil cooking spray crack an egg into said coffee mug. place it in the microwave for 45-60sec (place a paper towel over to prevent splatter) , wipe out the coffee mug with the same paper towel and fill it with coffee. Add a quarter of an avacado to an English muffin or a slice of whole wheat toast and top that with your egg.
    @apex0889
    So you have only a mug to wash in the end then right? That's awesome! Sounds simple, tasty & quite creative!!
    mechwd wrote: »
    I've just started on my journey with good eating and weight loss (10 down, 55 to go).

I am in need of help for quick and easy breakfasts. I don't ha e a lot of time in the morning with helping getting the kids ready for school, prepare my work lunch, and then eat before I have to scoot off to work. I usually just have a bowl of cherrios with soy milk and a banana but would like other options.

I don't feel like I have the time to cook eyes and all of that, plus they don't really fill me up. I could eat a bunch of other fruits and veggies but I like to eat those while I am at work.

So any ideas for what I could eat for breakfast that is super quick, healthy and won't leave me feeling hungry?
    @mechwd

Congrats on the fabulous start to your journey!! Great thread... lots of wonderful ideas being posted! :wink:
    mbanks123 wrote: »
    apex0889 wrote: »
    Spray a coffee mug with a bit of olive oil cooking spray crack an egg into said coffee mug. place it in the microwave for 45-60sec (place a paper towel over to prevent splatter) , wipe out the coffee mug with the same paper towel and fill it with coffee. Add a quarter of an avocado to an English muffin or a slice of whole wheat toast and top that with your egg.

It sounds like you're saying put coffee in with your egg. Oh my!
    @mbanks123
    At the end of breakfast it'll end up that way.. :laugh:

I just find this breakfast extravaganza incredibly creative and time saving ...makes me smile every time I roll past it! You made my day sharing this @apex0889