The Cheesecake Factory

Options
I'm going to the Cheesecake Factory soon and I looked online at their menu but I have no clue what to get!! I've never been, and the menu seems to be endless. What do you guys get when you go there? Not really worried about it being macro friendly since I am going to get a piece of cheesecake! :)

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    If it's a special event then don't worry about it. One meal shouldn't define your progress. Can't recommend anything in particular since I've never had a bad meal there :smiley:
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love the avocado egg rolls
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I disagree that one meal shouldn't define progress because I can wipe off my weekly deficit with just one meal there - and that's only with one piece of cheesecake and one of the 'skinnylicious' options - you're at 1800 calories right there... and that's if you avoid the bread... Granted, my deficit is small, but still.

Anyway, this should help

http://calorielab.com/news/cheesecake-factory-calorie-counter/

I usually get the Mexican lettuce wraps and try to split a slice of cheesecake - it's around 800 calories, but not really filling, although the lettuce wraps really are not that bad for the calories. Can't say I've found any Skinnylicious entree that I really loved though.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thai lettuce wraps. I love butter lettuce as well as peanut sauce. Mmmmm!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Skinnylicious menu. And if you get cheesecake, I recommend the low carb cheesecake with strawberries.

I like getting the skinnylicious enchiladas.

Have fun!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Skinnylicious Thai lettuce wraps. So delicious and calorie-friendly! And I always get a piece of cheesecake (lemon meringue is to die for). I eat half and take the other half home to eat the next day.
  • bob108819
    bob108819 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Haven't been in years, but I love the carrot cake cheesecake. The chicken dishes are all pretty good. The bang bang chicken and shrimp I remember liking. And there is a sandwich with grilled shrimp and bacon that I loved.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I like the veggie burger
  • th1nr
    th1nr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The one time I went to cheesecake factory the food was pretty gross. It was greasy and seemed to have been frozen and then fried. We had mac and cheese bites I think as an appetizer and I had a veggie grilled cheese. Bread was stale and fries were flavorless. Would not recommend any of those things. Maybe I'm a food snob.

Anyway the cheesecake was awesome so my advice would be to skip dinner and just order more cheesecake!
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My husband and I always split an appetizer or a big salad and then each order a piece of cheesecake (and end up taking half of each home) and have a drink or two each.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    We usually visit once a year, my mom enjoys it. I enjoy the fish tacos there, bang bang chicken & shrimp is tasty (but very caloric)...the ahi carpaccio is a good app, I like the fire-roasted artichoke & the Thai lettuce wraps too. The menu is huge & will make your head spin, especially if you are hungry & haven't made a decision prior to visiting the restaurant.

My favorite cheesecakes:
    Dulce de Leche Caramel Cheesecake, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake, & the Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake is amazing.

Enjoy!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I like the goat cheese/beet salad.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I usually get the kale salad with extra chicken.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada so we don't have the Cheesecake Factory here. I have to drive across the border to get it...so since it's a once/twice a year treat, I don't worry too much.

The last dish I had was the sausage pasta (forget the menu name) and it was 1000 calories so you could split it. It's a gigantic portion but it's really tasty.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah the portions are huge, which helps, lol.

My favorite cheesecake is the pumpkin pecan, which I guess is a good thing because it's only available a couple months a year... but I love the hazelnut crunch one too.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    They used to have a Thai noodle salad with steak - it was so good. Then they took it off the menu and I don't like going there anymore :(

The avocado egg rolls are delicious, but I imagine a huge calorie bomb!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I usually get the Skinnylicious turkey burger. I have gotten the Godiva cheesecake and eaten a third of it at a time. But I actually prefer to get the fresh strawberries for dessert! Yum!
    Whatever you do, plan on bringing home leftovers!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with the Thai lettuce wraps. Even though they're pretty low calories they are delicious. Then split the Dulce de Leche Caramel Cheesecake with a friend.