C25K challenge

Options
Welcome to my couch 2 5k challenge.
I'm an unfit, unhealthy, 34 year old man who gets out of breath after running for 10 seconds.
I've bought the running shoes, downloaded the app and sorted my route out.
I will do this on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, starting monday 16/01/2017.
Anyone else done it or want to do it?

Replies

• Parslee
    Parslee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started today :smile:

I am 46, and at my most unfit ever! I used to run regularly about 5 years ago, and loved it, but since then I had a daughter, gained a lot of weight, and thanks to the pregnancy had bad mobility problems for a long time (18 months or so post pregnancy).

I tried to get back into running a couple of years ago, but badly hurt my knees. Determined to try again now. I have a treadmill, so will be running indoors to start with. I need to take it easy so as not to ruin my knees again, so I may well repeat weeks, rather than moving straight on.

Goals - weight loss of course (need to lose about 50lbs in total), but I really want to do a ParkRun this summer :) That is more of a motivator for me than losing weight! I don't have a date in mind, other than the summer, as I don't want to pressure myself or push too hard and damage myself again. Slow and steady progress is what I'm after.

Did W1R1 this morning, no knee pain, felt good :smiley:

Anyone else?

Good Luck!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Slimjimjellybelly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I also want to do a 10k run in August so if I can achieve the 5k challenge I will do the 5k 2 10k challenge. I'm not too heavy, in fact I'm slim everywhere except my stomach. I want to lose the belly first then evenly put weight back on using weights. I will also use a cross trainer to help improve and maintain my fitness level.
    I will take a look at the link now.
    Thanks.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday so today will be W1D3. For some reason Week 3 always derails me, but I'm going to get through it this time!!
  • shananvan
    shananvan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started exercising about 4 months ago after a very long, very sedentary period of time. I have set a goal of running a 5k in May for which I'm completely committed and scared to death. I decided to start C25K on Monday so seeing this thread was perfect timing. Having not run since Highschool decades ago, I anticipate having to repeat steps but we shall see how it goes, I may even surprise myself!