PB2 question

Options
How do you use PB2 on toast? What do I mix it with to make a spread?
Thanks

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I think it makes a poor spread, but you mix it with water. There's instructions on the package
  • BiomedDent
    BiomedDent Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I think it makes a poor spread, but you mix it with water. There's instructions on the package

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    BiomedDent wrote: »
    Thanks

You could mix it with jelly for peanut butter & jelly. Some people like it better mixed with almond milk.

I've never tried it on toast, but I like it in oatmeal and in vanilla Greek yogurt.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I find PB2 profoundly disappointing on toast & sandwiches because of the lack of fat. I do use it as a dip for fruit and as an ingredient in other things when you just want the flavor of pb.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks to a member of MFP I now mix 12g of PB2, 20g of my favored Jam with a few drops of water to make an easily spreadable paste.

On a slice of toasted Heiner's 35 bread, it makes for a 97 calorie breakfast(142 with coffee) when I'm only eating breakfast to buffer the morning medication. A little 7g shot of protein in a relatively small caloric envelope.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    the directions state to mix with water....i usually mix with almond milk or eat dry!
  • BiomedDent
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Thanks

You could mix it with jelly for peanut butter & jelly. Some people like it better mixed with almond milk.

I've never tried it on toast, but I like it in oatmeal and in vanilla Greek yogurt.
    try2again wrote: »
    I find PB2 profoundly disappointing on toast & sandwiches because of the lack of fat. I do use it as a dip for fruit and as an ingredient in other things when you just want the flavor of pb.
    U2R2 wrote: »
    Thanks to a member of MFP I now mix 12g of PB2, 20g of my favored Jam with a few drops of water to make an easily spreadable paste.

On a slice of toasted Heiner's 35 bread, it makes for a 97 calorie breakfast(142 with coffee) when I'm only eating breakfast to buffer the morning medication. A little 7g shot of protein in a relatively small caloric envelope.
    the directions state to mix with water....i usually mix with almond milk or eat dry!

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'm a Brit so the idea of PB and jam (jelly) is totally gross to me! Haha I wanted it mainly to put in my porridge (oatmeal) as I occasionally fancy the taste of pb but not enough to buy a proper tub (there's one in my cupboard that must have been there atleast 2+ years lol) so figured the lower cal dried stuff would be good for the occasional pb flavour hit :)

Thanks again
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you're using it for your porridge, just dump in the amount you want and stir it in, no need to premix.
    One day i'll try a peanut butter and jam sandwich, it just hasn't appealed to me yet.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Personally, I use cashew milk. The only thing I really spread it on is pancakes abut it tastes good to me. I also mix it into shakes and occasionally Greek yogurt and it is great in oatmeal.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    U2R2 wrote: »

I use naked pb, which is similar, but doesn't have any additives. I mix 12g NPB with 8g real maple syrup and leftover coffee to consistency. Similar effect, it sounds like!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever used it in was a protein shake , so yummy!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just fantasized about adding PB2 to my bread recipe tomorrow. It could be a waste of good flour.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I add it to my chocolate protein shakes to give it that liquid Reese's taste. Heaven
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of powder and 1 of water and it's nicely spreadable. It's not very sweet at all but with some sliced bananas or a smear of jelly it's nice on toast. The chocolate one is much sweeter, I had it with some sliced apples the other day and liked it a lot.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Report:

I mixed 12 grams of PB2 into 4 oz of my homemade plain yogurt.
    I also thawed a homemade oatmeal breakfast bar from freezer storage.

The combination of putting the yogurt on or dipping the bar in the yogurt was sort of messy, but the taste combination as well as the texture combination were ok. That was 350 calories.
  • BiomedDent
    Options
    Gonna try mixing it with zero syrups and see what happens. Will report back!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Thanks

Step 1. throw it in the trash can.

Sorry ya'll, I hate me some PB2!
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I only use PB2 as an ingredient in something else, not as a standalone. It works GREAT in protein drinks/ protein fluff, and spicy peanut sauces.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I also love it to death as a recipe ingredient. I just used it the other day to make a peanut butter cream cheese "frosting" to top some from-scratch cinnamon rolls for a friend's birthday. Between the PB2 and the light cream cheese, I cut the calories by more than half and it tasted just as good. I've also used it for Thai peanut noodles, peanut dipping sauce for rice wrapper spring rolls, peanut butter yogurt, PB & Chocolate microwave mug cakes, peanut butter oatmeal, the list goes on. However, the one way I have never used it is as a plain spread. I will only use peanut butter as plain peanut butter. Give me a recipe where the peanut butter is an ingredient and I'll almost always use the PB2. Even more so now that I have a grocery store where I can buy it in bulk for cheap.
  • Honeythighs
    Honeythighs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just sprinkle it on. Sometimes I'll mix it with a bit of honey or a bit of coconut milk.