how much exercise will be enough?

Options
i was just wondering peoples opinions on exercise. people say you can not out train a bad diet. i planning on going to the gym atleast 3 times a week while obviously eating clean. will this be enough for weight loss?

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    That is impossible to say. Going to the gym and eating "clean" are both not required for weight loss. You just need to be eating in a calorie deficit.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I think the basic recommendation is 30 minutes of activity per day, whether it's walking, biking, working out, whatever. When I go to the gym, it takes me anywhere from an hour to 1 1/2 hours depending on the routine that day and whether I can get machines without waiting.

Oh, and "eating clean' doesn't really mean anything. If it makes you motivated and feel better, great. But there is no real definition of clean eating. You only need to eat in a calorie deficit and eat foods that satiate you.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit. No exercise required.

For health - I suppose it depends on your goals to determine if that is enough...
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    For health the recommendation is 45 minutes of moderate to strenuous activity 5 days a week. That isn't necessary to lose weight, but it will make you feel better, look better and be healthier over the long term. It is also very helpful if you want to maintain weight loss after you have gotten down to your goal weight.