Any fellow vegetarian-vegan pals out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• cowgrl08642
    cowgrl08642 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't have an open diary but I use a lot of recipes from the cookbook "Isa Does It" (I omit all of the oil she recommends and just use broth instead) along with "The Starch Solution". I love to cook and don't mind spending lots of time in the kitchen :smile: The minimalist baker blog has lots of great recipes (though I didn't like her cookbook because I couldn't modify a lot of recipes - too much oil, sugar, processed stuff) - my favorite being the Bhudda Bowl, Recipe for Parmesan Cheese, and her vegan pizza. Let me know if I can answer your questions better - it has been quite the journey and the best lifestyle change I could have ever made! I've lost 53 pounds in the past year :smile:
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love the minimalist blog. But yes sometimes hard to adjust. I haven't been to diligent in getting to wipe. But need to work harder.
  • hldressel
    hldressel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just posted my own intro and then I found this one! I have been flirting with veganism for about a year and am ready to make the commitment! I would love vegan-minded friends on here for support, encouragement, and tips! I'll try adding some of you -- or feel free to add me!
  • lvalente1
    lvalente1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HI! Would love to be your friend and see your diary! Our daughter has requested that we support her in going dairy free, with the eventual goal of vegan. I am eating dairy, but have cut down dramatically and am moving toward more vegetarian meals gradually.! Thanks! I tried to send friend requests, but the system is not cooperating!
  • hbarnes1216
    hbarnes1216 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. Feel free to add me.
  • jasonritson25
    jasonritson25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ive been a vegetarian for 28 years (apart for on holiday in tenerife got myselfe some onion rings at the buffet only to find out they were sqid rings after i ate one)
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm trying again to be vegetarian after the last few cycles having to be stopped due to health issues since I have nutrition issues and am intolerant to some supplement types - I'm hoping that with more supportive people and using MFP to track my micros now though I can figure something out. I'd love to be friends!
  • StealingCake
    StealingCake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've just started MFP (yesterday). I became vegetarian in 1986 and vegan in 1993. I am now eating only wholefoods, I've cut out all processed food and white pasta/rice/bread since 1 Jan. I'm also aiming for sugar free and low sodium. I make my own meat replacement protein (seitan) and I'm trying to eat as wide a variety of vegetables as possible (rather than relying on potatoes, carrots and mushrooms all the time!). My diary is friends only currently, so please feel free to add me. If anyone is looking for some vegan inspiration there is currently a campaign here in the UK called Veganuary and lots of my friends have taken up the challenge to try a vegan diet for a month. If you search 'veganuary' on google or website you can find lots of helpful information.
  • violetta5345
    violetta5345 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for about 20 years and I am mostly vegan now. I have a lot of vegan cookbooks and often post recipes in my diary which is open to friends. I would love more vegetarian/vegan friends for support.
  • etkahler
    etkahler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've observed Meatless Mondays for years and I'm on the journey towards more full time vegetarian (and vegan)-ism. Right now the step I'm taking is to eat almost vegan at home (eggs, they're the hardest for me), and vegetarian when I'm out and about (which actually isn't all that often; I try to eat at home most of the time). I have an open diary and would love to connect with more WFPB friends!
  • sleevies311
    sleevies311 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been vegetarian since 2012 and full on vegan for a year (best decision I've ever made). I've used MFP on and off for a few years but have never added friends. I think the support and accountability would help me stick to my goals. It's cool to see so many vegans in one place. Some times it feels like there's not a lot of support on this site for plant based eaters. Good luck with your goals everybody!
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan (:
  • TinaBambinamfp
    TinaBambinamfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I've been vegan for about a year now. I've decided to leaf through some of the discussions and I'm glad to see so many other vegans out there! I'm currently training for a triathlon this year, plant based. Feel free to add.