How many carbs?

Hi Everyone,
I used to low carb it for years. I am kinda over that now, but for those that have loss a good amount of weight that don't low carb it, do you watch/limit your carbs at all. Or do you just mainly concern yourself with your daily calories limit? Thanks for any input.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I just focus on getting enough fat and protein -- I don't limit carbohydrates at all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi Everyone,
    I used to low carb it for years. I am kinda over that now, but for those that have loss a good amount of weight that don't low carb it, do you watch/limit your carbs at all. Or do you just mainly concern yourself with your daily calories limit? Thanks for any input.

Regardless of my weight management objectives, I tend to keep protein and fat pretty static...when I'm in maintenance I tend to be around 120-130 grams of protein for example...in a cut (I just started one), I try to bump that up to 140-150. Dietary fat stays about the same so my flex is carbs...I don't limit them in the sense of, "omg carbs"...they're just the macro that I can flex based on my weight management objectives...so in that sense, yes...I do cut carbs to some extent when I'm cutting but I'm by no means low carb.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I focus on getting enough protein, and tend to watch my fat since too much doesn't really agree with my IBS. Carbs fall where they may.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Set your protein level between .8g/lb of your target weight to 1g/lb of your target weight. Then set your fat level to .4g/lb of your target weight. The rest in carbs. Try out the calculators over at iifym.com you can play around with it there for free.