Weighing scales

Options
I joined slimming world three weeks ago. The same day I went to a drs appointment after I'd been to sw. The dr weighed me and I weighed 2lb less. Last week at sw I gained 2 n half lbs and this week I gained half a lb. I got weighed again today at drs and actually weighed 5lb less than last night at sw. I told my dr about this and she said that I should just weigh in at drs as sometimes the scales at sw make you be heavier so you keep on going each week. I don't know whether to believe her or not. I'm writing all my foods down and eating more fruit n veg. I use my actifry more and i don't use oil when cooking anything even eggs.
I'm over 18st and I'm so wanting to loose weight.

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A couple of things:

1. All scales are calibrated differently. This is why it's always recommended to weigh yourself with the same scale. You should also try to weigh yourself at the same time of day whilst wearing the same clothes. Don't expect your weight to be the same at the doctor's office and at Slimming World, because it ain't gonna happen.

2. Day to day/week to week weight fluctuations are completely normal. It's not at all uncommon for my weight to fluctuate +/- 2 lbs on any given day. Fluctuations can be caused by anything from water retention due to working out, high sodium intake (water retention), TOM, how much you've had to eat or drink beforehand, etc etc etc.

3. Eating more fruits and veg won't necessarily help you lose weight. Weight loss is about Calories In vs. Calories Out. You can live on a strict vegetarian diet and still gain weight if you're consuming more calories than you burn. It's not about what you eat, it's about how much you eat.