Body seizing up. Muscle spasms. HELP?

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,005 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Yes - especially ask for those with no experience with it.
    Makes the most interesting effects.

Some of us do have experience with cramping.

Some of us have solved our cramping issues by hydrating and ensuring that our sodium intake is good.
  • kelhea
    kelhea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How's your water intake? Not enough water can cramp up your muscles especially if you do any weight training!
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Hey, it's been a while. Hope everyone is doing good. Just got back into working out again in the past week. I've been back on the bike, lifting and doing great, diet wise. My problem is that my body Is seizing up. Today I had a really bad muscle spasm/twitching problem with my left arm. It was so bad I couldn't move it for a while. A hot shower helped a lot. But, now I was laying down and felt my left leg seizing up, almost like it was a Charlie horse. I know...."Google it." But why not come here, right to the source and ask you professionals, who've probably had this happen to them and who can give accurate advice? Before anyone says, YES, I HAVE EATEN BANANAS FOR POTASSIUM. Thanks.

You could ask an actual professional (yes, I know there's some here but it would be UNprofessional for anyone to give medical advice out on an app like this, whatever their qualifications).

A physiotherapist or GP might be the best kind of professional to look to.

I would have had diced with death a number of times if I followed the advice of the so called professionals.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    heybales wrote: »
    Yes - especially ask for those with no experience with it.
    Makes the most interesting effects.

Some of us do have experience with cramping.

Some of us have solved our cramping issues by hydrating and ensuring that our sodium intake is good.

I was being sarcastic actually, as mine was one of about 4 immediate posts at exactly the same time giving about the same good advice based on experience.