More calorie intake

Options
You can start with protein shake with high calories.
Go on amazon they have shakes that can increase ur calorie intake up to 1500. It will be great for gaining weight, which is what I am doing now

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Those shakes are packed with sugar which isn't the best way to get your calorie up. Especially not 1000 calories worth.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Those shakes are packed with sugar which isn't the best way to get your calorie up. Especially not 1000 calories worth.

This. Weight gainers tend to also be overpriced as hell for what they are. It would be much cheaper to just buy bags of normal protein powder and table sugar (or dextrose) and mix to the same ratios. Most who do carb heavy shakes tend to grind up oats and dump in instead, for tge carb source.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

And if I wanted sugar packed foods, there's a whole lot more fun things to eat than a mass gainer.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above.
    I started to make my own high cal smoothies, you can tailor it to your tastes and macros. So much easier IMO
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options

And if I wanted sugar packed foods, there's a whole lot more fun things to eat than a mass gainer.

I would prefer a protein shake with a side of ice cream.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a chicken breast and chocolate brownies topped with ice cream for 1500 calories.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Protien shakes are not needed for most people. It's marketed well to make people think so. Cals are king when trying to gain weight. Ice cream is a excellent choice ;).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Or just full fat milk and peanut butter?
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    What a waste weight gainer shakes are, way overpriced as some tubs are 100.00. 1 or 2 scoops protein powder, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup egg whites, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 or 3 packs stevia, 1 banana, NOW thats a shake
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Or just full fat milk and peanut butter?

I was thinking peanut butter as well - lots of it