30lbs Lost - the photo that started it all

Options

Replies

• hmriley1
    hmriley1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go - I am just starting this, and you are an inspiration!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You look really good.
    Just curious, did you buy that outfit when you were much thinner or near your peak?
  • RayBoy76
    RayBoy76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! It looks like more than 30 lost. The dimples on the legs seem to be gone as well. Good job
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication and hard work. WTG! You look great!
  • coloradokat78
    coloradokat78 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!!
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look terrific!
  • lilunsure
    lilunsure Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a change. You look great!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Very impressive!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I wish my 30 pound lost resulted in the same amazing trim down as your 30 pounds lost.

Keep it up!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome!!! I guess you should thank your husband. lol Nothing like a picture to shock you into reality!

I can't believe the difference in your legs. I want to know what you did for the bottom half. Did you run, strength train, what?? lol
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    Wow! That's is really awesome! Great work! :)
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    That is just awesome!!! I guess you should thank your husband. lol Nothing like a picture to shock you into reality!

I can't believe the difference in your legs. I want to know what you did for the bottom half. Did you run, strength train, what?? lol

Yes! I hope my legs transform as yours have!
  • USCEE77
    USCEE77 Posts: 50
    Options
    I bet your husband is keeping a closer eye on you now!
  • jen4relient22
    Options
    WOW! what an amazing transformation!! you look fantastic!
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look 20 years younger. Very inspirational. :)
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to know what you've been doing -- my legs look like your "before" pic and it's hard for me to see that they can actually look like your after pic -- CONGRATS TO YOU!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Wow, 30 lbs makes that much difference? Bump, bump, bump. That's my goal. Nice story, and congratulations.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation!!!!! You look so good! Just the motivation I needed to read and see today! Thank you!
  • crystalbishop5059
    crystalbishop5059 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I love that your inspiration was the candid 'back' pic. My 'back' pic is my inspiration as well. There is just something about knowing how you look from behind to motivate. I can see the front all the time but it just doesn't have the 'ewww' factor that rear view pics have - lmao!

... and no, I'm not sharing. Not now any way :-D
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Yes! I hope my legs transform as yours have!

OK. Legs.

I used to actually run 30 k a week but then I got very ill (brain surgery), and had a miscarriage and a baby and gained a gazillion pounds (these are the ones I am willing to show - when I was pregnant I was literally a sphere...absurd weight gain) so I went back to running after my son was born (2 year after having to quit with the health thing) and then gave myself plantar faciitis from being so heavy and having bad shoes. My body knows how to run so here is what I had to do to nurse back into shape with my limited foot power.

3 x a week I work out for 1.5 hours minimum

My routine is:

• 5 or 6 KM run within 31 minutes (down 48 from last year) on track when injured outside when better
    • Flys on a 45 degree incline (3 sets of 10 on increasing weights) am at 12lbs
    • Assisted pull ups 3 x 10 - 40lbs assistance
    • Assisted wide grip pull ups 3 x 10 40lbs assistance
    • Assisted parallel grips 3 x 10 40lbs assistance (at the beginning it was significantly more
    • Assisted dips 3 x 10 40 lbs assistance
    • Planks 3 x 1 minute each
    • Barbell squats 3 x 15 (the bar bell is 45 lbs and as my knees complain and I get a burn off these I leave it at that) the squats are important as a lot of runners loose their *kitten* and I wanted to keep mine

Sometimes I do:
    • Single leg presses (90lbs each) 3 x 10reps - the idea is to work the legs independently - like you do with most actual motion
    • TRX push ups (new)
    • Hills
    • Spinning style cycling

Stretching A LOT because of the foot (roll on golf balls, on the edge of hard objects, on a special ergo ball designed for it, in the ever so sexy Strassboug sock - it works but f me is it creepy) and because when you are overweight if you leave that you pay. My flexibility is way improved and after I run I love to stretch out my hips.

I like anything that is hard and makes me feel strong and like I am alive. So my next challenge will be Spartan or a tough mudder in the spring of 2014. I am also looking forward to trying to run when I am in Jasper...my bucket list includes doing the 10KM Melissa's Run. Need to get back to 10KM for that (mental issue due to injury that I need to get past).

This was awesome to read the compliments - I feel really great after that. So thanks to you all. THAT was inspiring!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!