Noob calorie/weight lifting question

Options
I'd like to start this post by saying that I've been reading the forums the past few months, so I thought I had things figured out. But now I'm unsure, so I'm looking to the awesome MFP community for some advice.

I started New Rules of Lifting for Women on Tuesday. I'm looking at this as a practice week because Tuesday I didn't have all of the proper tools; I just made do with what I had. Yesterday I had all the tools but I'm proud to say that I think I can increase the weight I'm using. It was challenging, but I still feel like I can do more. Next week I'll do it "for real."

Both days, I was really tired all day. Yesterday I felt like I could barely keep my eyes open, and last night I slept for about 10 hours (I'm usually lucky to get 7). Could this be a matter of my body just adjusting to something new? Or could I possibly need to be eating more? I'm set at 1500 right now before exercise calories. That's just shy of what MFP sets for me for .5 pound loss per week.

I'm working on getting more protein and have exceeded my goal the past couple of days since starting the program, and I'm also fine tuning my diary to get the most out of what I'm eating. So I'm working on getting it figured out. Any advice or guidance you can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Bump? :smile:
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so can't comment much about your food intake, however, please realize that if you are new to lifting, you are stressing your body like it's never been stressed before, so it's not surprising that you are sleeping more. That said, you need to be sure that you are eating properly too. Protein is extremely important. Open your diary for more constructive comments. Good luck!