Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New from florida

Hi, I'm new. Obviously. I had a baby about 10 years ago and ive been steadily gaining weight since. In Nov 2016 I started focusing on why I've been gaining. It's mostly boredom with a bit of stress eating. Inactivity hasn't helped either. Since then I've evening focusing on not changing what I eat, but the way I eat. Starting in Jan, when I was at a better place mentally, I started tracking what I ate. It's really help in me to see what I need to change food wise. This coming up Monday I'm going to start slowly adding in exercise.

I'm starting small steps at a time because I'm tired of losing then gaining. I have a tendency to over exercise and eat way too less or not at all. It doesn't help to keep weight off when I do this. I also don't want my daughter to think that is how a healthy person eats.

I plan on tracking my calories, exercise, and mental health in a separate journal. I'm going to instagram my meals, and start motivational boards on pinterest. Also do more things that make me happier. Going to the beach, getting a new shirt because all my clothes now look like hell, etc. Anything I can to keep this journey a healthy, mentally and physically, and happy one. I want this to be a life long thing, not one where I gain all my weight back in 6 months.

That said I'm looking for tips, advice, and one or two buddies that would like to txt,email or w.e.

If it helps, I'm bio female, recently turned 31, vegetarian, and a single mom.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    That's how I gained my weight too...just a few pounds a year and then you turn 40 and Wow, that's a lot of extra weight!

Use MFP for what it is set up for....track your food, eat at the recommended calories. Don't go too low or you will set yourself up to fail! Good luck, I look forward to following your journey!