What do you order at a Chinese restaurant?

Options
2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I only get Chinese food when I don't care about my calories. Sometimes when I'm super tired and lazy I'll order chicken and steamed vegetables, no rice...then I'll throw it in a salad at home.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...wonton soup...but that's before I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and stopped eating wheat and soy sauce.

So now I have steamed vegetables, steamed rice and grilled chicken (no soy sauce - and some places have tamari instead). There are lots of spices that can be used instead of soy sauce. Still delicious. Turns out it's lower calories, too, so I don't even worry about that. I just enjoy!

I make most of my food at home, though, so it's super easy to control what goes into my body and I don't end up sick for a week if someone screws up and puts the wrong thing on my plate. (Doesn't happen often, but not fun when it does.) ;)
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Chicken Lo Mein (no veggies), Pepper Steak, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Sesame Chicken, Beef and Broccoli, spring rolls, crab ragoons. If I eat Chinese, it's definitely going to be my one and only meal of the day and I don't worry about the calories too much.