I Hate Running

Options
2»

Replies

• DonkeyHueco
    DonkeyHueco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The only people who go around doing only what they want to do are sociopaths.
    Running isn't the most pleasant thing to get started on, but there are things I love about it as much as I hate. Sometimes my daughter is a little *kitten*, but I love her more than anything. Fact is, running is good for me whether I like it or not. I don't like to start it, but I like nearly everything it does to me. Once I get going or after I'm finished, I feel good. Sure, it sucks when I'm flopping around or when I ache in the beginning, but once I'm running those last 100 yards or so at full speed and my whole body is burning but that rush is pushing me through it all, all I feel is good.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    PShhhh! I love running, but I only do it about 2 to 3 times a week. I do calisthenics, lifting, play sports, and various other things the rest of the week. I did do it every day for a while, because it was the only thing I felt like doing. I found that to be too much though. Recently, I got into intervals. I'll sprint, jog to catch my breath, and repeat. You get one heck of a workout that way. Also, agility drills, like quick changes in direction, in the yard are good.
    I tell everyone who runs to land more-so towards the front of your foot. This puts more stress on the calves, but takes stress off your joints. If you are having joint pain, it's something to try. Some people say it increases risk of injury, like anything else new you might try.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The only people who go around doing only what they want to do are sociopaths.

Lol! Love that!