Metabolism

Options
So I am sure this has been covered a few thousand times but any help for a female looking to boost metabolism would be appreciated.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Increasing muscle mass will increase your metabolism.
  • secretsinhealth4u
    Options
    You can put your body into fat burning mode. To kick up your metabolic rate you need to made certain changes in your lifestyle. Most important of all, you should be drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily. All the meals should be taken early and high dietary fibers should be the part of it. Red pepper, turmeric and cinnamon are some of the spices that elevates your metabolic rate naturally.

Also, remember the more calories you take the more muscles you will be able to burn.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    You could get hyperthyroidism, but I don't recommend it. Or a fever. Anything that could increase your resting metabolic rate enough to make a difference in weight loss is going to have serious side effects and could be fatal. Remember Metabolife (ephedra)? It could increase metabolism and killed at least 155 people before it was taken off of the market.

Moving more is the best way to boost calorie burn. It doesn't have to be strenuous exercise, just move.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have specified better. I am not looking to take a pill. I don't believe in weight loss pills, boosters, or anything that says detox. I read an article with studies done saying that eating organic foods helps boost your metabolism because the pollutants from pesticides you ingest can be stored in fat cells. So the theory is people who ingest the pollutants experience a drop on metabolism as they lose weight because toxins interfer with the energy burning process.

I am not arguing that this study is absolutely correct and I feel I don't have the data to defend it BUT I posed my oringinal post question to see if there were other ways I may not know about.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You can put your body into fat burning mode. To kick up your metabolic rate you need to made certain changes in your lifestyle. Most important of all, you should be drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily. All the meals should be taken early and high dietary fibers should be the part of it. Red pepper, turmeric and cinnamon are some of the spices that elevates your metabolic rate naturally.

Also, remember the more calories you take the more muscles you will be able to burn.

No to all of this.