Mo pounds Mo problems-society standards

Options
alicer4182
alicer4182 Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I've really had weight issues forever even when I was a kid I remember comparing myself to other girls in my class or my sisters and I think to a certain extent that's also just society doing its work showing kids what they should look like and what they should be.,,but I'm also tired of being held back by my weight regardless of WHY exactly my size bothers me. I just want to not have to think about it as I take pictures or try on clothes because it really makes me sad. I'm just looking for some women who get it and want to talk about what your body means to u,,, also for support as I finally try to free myself from this whole struggle!!!!! (I'm 180 pounds and 5'7and my goal is 125-130) :)

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,744 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :) The first step to breaking the chain is to stop comparing yourself to others. As is often said here, you do you.

Comparing ourselves to others is rarely going to make us feel better. Instead I compare myself now to when I first started MFP, and I'm happy with the difference. Did I think I'd be further along with weight loss? Sure. But I finally stopped the yo-yo diet cycle and learned how to successfully maintain for months at a time. For me, knowing I finally have some control, that's a huge victory. You can do this, a step at a time. :smile: