Back at this and looking for active support

Options
Hey everyone my name is Matt!

I have been a member since 2014. I started at 375lbs and joined MFP at 336lbs. I got as low as 210 but dealing with a lot in the past year has resulted in me putting almost half my weight back on.

So I am looking for active members for support and who I can also support back.

I am currently doing keto diet and a 5x5 weight regiment in place. My cardio comes from the 6 miles of biking it takes to get to the gym (yuck)

I look forward to hearing about everyone's journey and being there as they continue it!

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back, Matt. :) You might find a keto group in our Groups section, and there's probably also a 5x5 group as well. :)
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November.

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim