Pizza Alternative

Options
jmbarragan
jmbarragan Posts: 21 Member
I tried a Flatout flat bread pizza.

1/2 cup 2% cheese
14 slices pepperoni (not turkey since I could not find)
1 "Flatout" brand flat bread
1/8 cup of pizza sauce

Baked in oven at 400 degrees on cookie sheet until looked crisp around the edges. I think next time i will try directly on rack since i want the middle crispy too.

383 Calories

I had regular pepperoni since I could not find turkey pepperoni, but was still under 400 calorie meal. It was excellent. I cut it into small pieces and felt like I had so much to eat, but of course was not stuffed when i finished. Pizza is my favorite food. This was a great alternative!

Replies

• TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Can you please post the stats for it? Calories, fat, protein, sodium?
  • whitney85
    whitney85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I make what I like to call "tortilla pizzas" and in order for the tortilla to be crispy I actually put that in the oven for a few minutes first and then add the sauce, veggies, and cheese. Maybe that will help with the flatbread too!
  • jmbarragan
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jmbarragan
    Options
    Items in this meal Calories Fiber Fat Calcium Carbs Protein
    Kraft 2% Milk Natural Shredded Reduced Fat Mozarella - Mozarella Cheese, 56 grams 140 0 8 80 0 16
    Hormel - Original Pepporoni, 14 slices 140 0 13 0 0 5
    Flat Out - Flatbread Light Original Whole Wheat, 1 flatbread 90 9 3 2 16 9
    Homemade - Marinara Sause, 0.1 cup 13 1 0 0 2 0
    Total: 383 10 24 82 18 30

This is a copy of the items I used. Unfortunatley I lost the table in the copying, but I tried to re-allign. I don't count sodium, so maybe you can select the food and create you own stats for the sodium.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Sounds great! I love pizza!
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Kroger has a very good turkey pepperoni. That is what i use
  • jmbarragan
    Options
    Thank you.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I do kinda the same thing except for I use 100 cal bagels (they are also high in fiber) add any jar pizza sauce (low in calories) and add 1/4 cup red fat mozzarella cheese...you can use pepperoni if you like (I usually cut 3 pieces into 4 section of pepperoni).....tastes great and just the right size for lunch.....yum!! and only... about 145 calories....:bigsmile:
  • conflictedlikethe5thdimension
    Options
    mmmmmmm................now i want pizza! must go to the store and collect your ingredients.
    :huh: which to try first hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:ohwell:
  • angel60067
    angel60067 Posts: 12
    Options
    I was just thinking of having pizza today mmmm.
    I like to use
    1 whole wheat english muffin,
    pizza sauce
    provolone cheese
    1/4 cup of chunky chicken breast (from the can)

Toast the english muffin a little, then spread the pizza sauce, place cheese on top and spread the chicken on top. Really good :bigsmile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do this with whole wheat pita bread. Applegate organic pepperoni, kraft fat free mozzerella, and ragu pizza sauce. Yummy!! My 5 yr old loves it!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I make what I like to call "tortilla pizzas" and in order for the tortilla to be crispy I actually put that in the oven for a few minutes first and then add the sauce, veggies, and cheese. Maybe that will help with the flatbread too!

I make these too... and yes I pre-bake the Flat Outs just the same if I use those. I use all kinds of topping combos... hummus/chicken/feta.... salsa/chicken/avacado... etc. etc. :happy: