Dinner Ideas

Options
Ok so I already eat really healthy. I'm talking huge servings of raw veggies and portions of lean protein like fish, turkey and chicken. I am known as a "volume eater" at dinner time. I need to cut down my portions but I can't eat a little piece of chicken, 6 baby carrots and be full! I need realistic ideas for main dishes and side dishes that are still low calorie but won't leave me feeling deprived! I google stuff and it just makes me mad haha. Any help is appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I try and drink 8 oz of water. Score each meal. In addition: Have you tried including a decent size salad with each dinner meal? This really made a difference for me. Then 30 minutes post meal I eat a serving of yogurt. Between the salad and the yogurt I am not only eating healthy but I am filling up also.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A "normal" dinner is usually a combination of protein (+additional fat, if it's not fatty), starch, and vegetables. No meals have to be low calorie per se, you will have to balance your daily calories so that you feel pleasantly full after each meal. We don't know what you like (besides fish, chicken and turkey, and carrots). You can eat anything you want. Play around with different combinations and amounts in your diary.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    if you want ideas - I like using the skinnytaste website -I haven't had a bad recipe from her yet and she gives the nutrition info associated with the recipes
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    speggetti squash is great a squash is like 100cals add diced tomates, spices, maybe some other veggies or a protien and bam huge meal under 200cal, i love sandwiches so i switched to WW bread 2 sandwiches for the calories of 1 lol it does take time for your body to adjust to smaller portions but assuming your lessening portions while still eating enough after a couple weeks your body adjusts
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well I'm eating fatty tonight ! T-bone lobster tail , shrimp and scallops with a salad of course !