Seeking one daily accountability partner re steps, exercise, and food plan

Options
I need CONSISTENT discipline with following through on my food and exercise plans for the day. I think it would help a bunch to have someone who knows my plan for the day and I have to share whether or not I've followed through. And of course I want to support her goals as well.
Do you also have a pedometer? Might be fun to compete a bit on number of steps, in a friendly, encouraging way of course. I have a fitbit and it integrates nicely with MyFitnessPal.
I just turned 50, 3 kids, work full time. I've been fluctuating between 125 - 140lbs and would like to be somewhere between 117 - 125lbs. I'm at 133 lbs right now.
I like the Eat, Stop, Eat food plan: short 24 fasts. But sometimes I start the day with the best intentions and then blow it.
I have a professional desk job but have a treadmill desk so I can choose to, or NOT, walk most of the day while I work. My goal depends upon the day but typically at least five miles per day. I also want to break up my day with short core, stretching, and strength exercises. Also I try to get in my 30+ min of intense cardio per day. And I know I should start doing SOME resistance training. I'm a former college athlete and pretty muscular and fit. I don't really need to build muscle but it is healthy for our bones, metabolism, etc.
I'm thinking the ideal accountability partner would be a female around my age group (who understands the slowing metabolism at this life change) who has similar struggles, successes, and goals. Someone who is goal oriented and motivated to make it happen.
Reach out to me if you think we might be a good fit!
Let's DO this!

Replies

• dannybias50
    dannybias50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilder
    Been in fitness for 22 years
    Know what being disciplined and accountability is about
    Motivation and inspiration
  • msred5
    msred5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and know all about the slowing metabolism. And needing an accountability partner! Let's be in touch!
  • msred5
    Options
    Hi! You may already have an accountability partner. If not, I'm interested!

I'm 40, know all about slowing metabolism but, unfortunately, also know all about procrastination and always figuring out an excuse for NOT moving! I eat well but still can't seem to lose some pounds. I think I eat healthy but too much, if that makes sense.

I've had open heart surgery and back surgery so I have to sort of monitor what I can do, though I can do most stuff.

I'm a certified yoga teacher who has been taking a break from teaching because I didn't have enough turnout in my small town. Besides, I would really like something a bit more active, though still, of course, believe in stretching.

I'm single, never married, no kids, and a writer (I work from home).

The only meat I eat is fish.
    I do not have a FitBit but have thought of getting one. I tend to do best when I have a goal to work against.
    I live in the South.

Those are the basics! Maybe we can work together!

Cheers!
  • msred5
    Options
    New here and double posted. Sorry!