On loosing wieght advice

Options
lombalori
lombalori Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Lori I lost my mom two years ago and lost myself I put on excess wieght to where I am not motivated for nth to where I have shortness of breath I don't eat much but I only like very little foods please help

Replies

• ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Life can be cruel. Sad as it is life keeps going. Sounds like you're ready or thinking of trying to move on a tiny bit. Have you had professional help to come to terms if not maybe get some. At this moment in time getting the mind healthy is probably the first task. One step one day, one task good luck
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There's no good time to lose a mom. I lost mine when I was 26. I don't quite understand what you meant about "not motivated for nth". But, you did say that you have excess weight and you do have shortness of breath. I think you mean to say that you like very few foods.

You're here because you do have enough motivation to start, so let's start.

Use the food diary to accurately record the food you eat. Do that for a few days and let the food diary show you how many calories you're eating.

Double check your Profile Settings. Make sure that you have the weight shown on your scale as the start of your weight loss journey. Make certain that you are accurate with your age, gender, and height. It also wants to know what your activity level is. If you experience more than one bout of sitting for more than 1 hour a day, that is sedentary.

If you need to lose more than 50 lb, you can choose the goal to lose 2 lb each week. It's easier to be happy with the food allowed on the 1 lb weekly goal, so you might choose that one.

The food diary is going to tell you how many calories you can eat. If you log your food accurately and log a few hundred or a few thousand calories each day or each week above your budget, that will explain why you have excess weight and it will explain what you need to do.

Spoiler alert: It's going to explain that you need to eat less. You can do it. It takes a bit of getting used to, but you can.