Post pregnancy tum?

Options
Anyone know best way to tone this up. Had a baby 6m ago (not a c section) but although I'm exercising stomach remains a little.. squishy?
Still got a little bit of weight to lose yet but as for toning it up? It's more my lower abs that's squishy.

If you have YouTube links that would be even better!
Thanks in advance

Replies

• julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Time, a caloric deficit and a good all around strength program are best things you can do. Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. If your tummy is still dome shaped like your still pregnant, get checked for diastasis recti. Resolving that will help your mid section tremendously.

Here are the strength programs that I have done and would recommend:

Jamie Eason's Post Pregnancy Fitness Trainer (did everything except the last month where she switches to a body building split).
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-post-pregnancy-trainer.html?searchTerm=Jamie
    She does start out kind of hard, but if you want the modifications I used at first I would be happy to share them with you:-)

Then I did Starting Strength. It's a super simple yet effective barbell program.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/starting-strength-review-of-mark-rippetoes-barbell-bible.html
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Check out BodyFit by Amy on Youtube, I do her kettlebell workouts, but she had a baby not that long ago so she's got a load of post-partum exercise videos to follow.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Give this thread a read, there is lots of great advice in here:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Very helpful advice!!
  • SarahKate2710
    SarahKate2710 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Check for diastasis recti as well, the separation of the abdominals. Heidi Powell has a great article on her website about checking for it and healing exercises. It's very common in pregnancy. I'm going to get my doctor to double check mine at my 6week post partum check up next week.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Also remember that your uterus is still shrinking and going back to where it was so your 'water bed belly' (that's what I called it) may take a bit before it starts shrinking and firming up because some may not be fat to be lost.

Good luck with your journey!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's not split muscles but deffo the water bed belly!
    It's really not that big but you're right still probably shrinking!
    I'll lose what fat I can then deal with the rest