Balance of calories through day

Hi! I am wondering how important it is to spread out calories fairly evenly through the day. Usually, I mostly do, but sometimes (like today) I get to dinner and realize that I have 1300 calories to go to my goal, and I'm starving, because I am nursing a toddler and I did a really intense workout today. I was hungry and dug in, but I wonder if I should avoid that in the future.

Does it matter if I eat such a bulk of my calories at the end of the day?

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Not at all. Calories can't tell time. You can eat it all through the day or all at once. Same result.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Meal timing makes no difference for weight loss. As long as you feel good and hit your goal, you're fine!

If you find that you have a hard time getting all 1300 in tonight, you can bank some and eat extra another day!

~Lyssa
  • lmmilbert
    lmmilbert Posts: 15 Member
    It doesn't matter at all. I do intermittent fasting and save all my calories for dinner. By eating only 1 meal a day I've managed to lose 10 pounds in 2 months.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,627 Member
    The calories themselves don't matter when you eat them but eat how it best works for you. I don't like to get too hungry or it's harder to stay withing my calories, also i get tired so i like to spread them out. Each person is different
  • dhausam
    dhausam Posts: 6 Member
    Yay, thanks! No, I had no problem eating it all, lol. I've been doing really well losing this last couple of weeks and I was fretting I'd throw myself off. :)
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    I have some days where they are more evenly spread, then some days where I will have a 300 calorie breakfast and a 1000 dinner. I have lost weight just fine.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    serindipte wrote: »
    Not at all. Calories can't tell time. You can eat it all through the day or all at once. Same result.

This. I do 16:8IF most days and eat my biggest meal at around noon, with a late afternoon snack and then a light supper. Meal timing/frequency is a preference thing and will vary between people. What matters is that you're hitting your calorie target at the end of the day/week :)