Hypothyroidism

Options
DaizyBell
DaizyBell Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism back in 2006, and I am on 75 mcg of Eltroxin.
I am also on Vitamin D, and Iron. Plus I suffer from depression and I am on meds for that. I am also attending the hospital and getting tests done in two weeks to see if I have PCOS.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi to you all, please feel free to add me. I could do with a buddy or two who is going through the same thing. I am desperate to lose weight, and finding it a struggle at times. I started on Slimming World about a week ago and am going to get weighed in a few days to see if I lost anything, fingers crossed that I have.

I am feeling a little discouraged at the moment, and wonder will I ever lose the weight. I appreciate any tips that you would like to send me way, thanks.

Rona

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and on levothyroxine for that as well as Remeron for depression and sleep. Feel free to add me. With hard work over the past few years I've manage to get into pretty good shape and beat my depression.
  • xo_Nickie
    xo_Nickie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have Hypothyroidism, along with Depression and Anxiety (horrible combination!) :(

I was diagnosed with Hypo back in 2012, and was told if I had left it a few months later it probably would've killed me or at least caused serious health conditions. Not great! :s Since then I have managed to somewhat get it under control, currently on 175g Levothyroxine and have lost 3st since the beginning of 2013. Slow progress but it's better than none!

It's so hard to stay motivated and I know how easy it is to feel discouraged and want to give up, but please keep trying, you will see results soon and all the hard work will pay off <3

Please feel free to add me, anyone is welcome to! I feel it's better if we all support each other's progress and cheer each other on! :* - Nickie x
  • DaizyBell
    DaizyBell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant, well done both of you. I feel a bit better knowing that with hard work, it IS possible to lose the weight. I will add you both now xx
  • julima7
    julima7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I've found this thread! I have been taking lexapro and have been recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I've been on medication for a month now, but I've just had another blood work done and my TSH is still high. I'm desperately trying to lose weight, but it seems these 2 conditions combined are not here to help. I would love to know what you guys have been doing to go around it.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know others are out there and I'm not alone with my hypothyroidism struggles. I had a wonderful endocrinologist in Colorado but we moved out of state a little over a year ago and I'm having trouble finding a doctor who will get my levels back to an optimal level for me. My doctor here goes by a "normal" range rather than what the previous endocrinologist recommended. It sure makes weight loss frustrating for me! Anyone else have a similar issue?
    For the past three weeks I have worked out five days a week, stayed under 1500 calories, and increased my steps to an average of 12,000 a day. Last week, I had over 90,000 steps. Did I lose weight? Nope. Gained a pound. That sound you hear is me banging my head against an imaginary wall. Sigh.
  • blueeyedgypsy94
    blueeyedgypsy94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    DaizyBell wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism back in 2006, and I am on 75 mcg of Eltroxin.
    I am also on Vitamin D, and Iron. Plus I suffer from depression and I am on meds for that. I am also attending the hospital and getting tests done in two weeks to see if I have PCOS.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi to you all, please feel free to add me. I could do with a buddy or two who is going through the same thing. I am desperate to lose weight, and finding it a struggle at times. I started on Slimming World about a week ago and am going to get weighed in a few days to see if I lost anything, fingers crossed that I have.

I am feeling a little discouraged at the moment, and wonder will I ever lose the weight. I appreciate any tips that you would like to send me way, thanks.

Rona

You literally have my same story except I am diagnosed PCOS and I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in 2016 I have over 250 ibs to loose and would love a friend who understands the struggle
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have medically induced hypo due to treatment for graves. I do have serious heath problems due to thyroid.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroid over 15 years ago. Maintaining and losing can be difficult but not impossible. First make sure you are on the right meds and the right dose also make sure to keep your vitamin D levels up. Then exercise. I find that there is no way to lose unless I exercise. Good luck
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last year, but so far am not on meds. But being serious about logging and exercising on a schedule is the only way I have ever lost weight. The hypothyroidism does make it harder.
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Every day since having my thyroidectomy is a struggle. I have managed to slowly lose 100lbs over the last 3 years. I have hit a plateau recently for several reasons. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kmgalhouse
    kmgalhouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have Hashimoto's (on Armour Thyroid) which makes it a pain to lose weight, but I've done it before, so I know it's possible. In normal fashion I gained back everything that I lost so I'm looking to finally get back on the bandwagon and lose it again and keep it off for good. I didn't get my meds sorted out till I got a reverse T3 test for my thyroid. Finally feeling a little better.
  • Susie_Magoozie
    Susie_Magoozie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    xo_Nickie wrote: »
    I also have Hypothyroidism, along with Depression and Anxiety (horrible combination!) :(

I was diagnosed with Hypo back in 2012, and was told if I had left it a few months later it probably would've killed me or at least caused serious health conditions. Not great! :s Since then I have managed to somewhat get it under control, currently on 175g Levothyroxine and have lost 3st since the beginning of 2013. Slow progress but it's better than none!

It's so hard to stay motivated and I know how easy it is to feel discouraged and want to give up, but please keep trying, you will see results soon and all the hard work will pay off <3

Please feel free to add me, anyone is welcome to! I feel it's better if we all support each other's progress and cheer each other on! :* - Nickie x

• Susie_Magoozie
    Susie_Magoozie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have they gotten your thyroid hormone levels good yet? Sometimes the anxiety and depression go away when the thyroid hormone levels are good. Have you checked out FTPO on facebook? (For Thyroid Patients Only), they follow the "STTM" or "stop the thyroid madness" way to help people get feeling better. I know they actually had some advice that helped me.
  • mybattle2006
    mybattle2006 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm a person battling hashimotos and hypothyroidism. Had my thyroid removed 10 years ago so it's been a real life struggle. But not giving up!!! Add me if you want to, would love to have more Hashi/hypo friends.