Can you share recipes.

firerebel45
firerebel45 Posts: 1 Member
Is it possible to share a added food/recipe with my wife... like the dinner she cooked and added to list of foods

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    As far as I'm aware, if you can see her food diary, go into it, and use the quick tools button for the meal you're sharing, and you can copy it to your diary from there. Not sure if it becomes a stored recipe though.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    You can not share recipes directly with another user, and another user will not find your recipes through a search. Your recipes will be displayed in the search results only when you perform a search.

​There is a workaround to log another user's Recipe nutrition information. Once you log a Recipe to one of your Meals, another user who has access to your Food Diary can copy the Meal containing the Recipe item from your Diary to their Diary, then delete any unwanted entries from that copied Meal.

​Please see these articles, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/304780-can-i-share-recipes-with-other-users-

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/11478-can-i-copy-meals-from-my-friends-

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/201687-how-do-i-make-my-diary-visible-to-other-users-
  • FrosDMB
    FrosDMB Posts: 1 Member
    Or, crazy idea, myfitnesspal could just let users share recipe's like people have been for millennia. How can I tell my hypothetical grandma that this food tracking, logging, and sharing app doesn't let you share recipes? That's literally been the only way to tell other people how to prepare what food for a specific flavor and effect for generations, with good reason; sharing a meal is eating a prepared recipe together. Words mean things. Why the heck would I want to tell someone how a meal is made but no, definitely not a recipe.
  • thook07
    thook07 Posts: 1 Member
    This still isnt a thing yet? How hard is it to making sharing available?