Calories in a fried egg white?

Options
MFP has 3 at 160 well I have read one egg white is 17 calories?...

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Google has a variety from 17cals to 60 cals on a quick search.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are frying it in? Or maybe bad entry.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I typically go with the 17 calories. That's about average for a large egg white. Then, you factor in the oil you are using.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'd also add them all individually. I measure out my tsp of butter, add that to my diary and then whatever amount of eggs I use.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil spray. Okay thanks
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I play a numbers game with everything. If I see MFP has the same food with a variety of calories numbers, I look at them all and pick a higher one, so if its over, then I will benefit with an unexpected lower calorie count than I expect. Exercise, I do the opposite, if my machine says I burned 325 but MFP says its 425 or something like that? Then I adjust my time so I come closer to the 325. Again, it will be beneficial to me in the long run.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Weigh your egg white, weigh whatever you're cooking it in, search for these on MFP database, enter weights, and there you have your calories.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale, weigh the egg whites. Compare that to what it says on the container. For the cooking spray you'll have to take your best guess but it probably won't add too much unless you're really coating the pan.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What's the difference then?