Restarting my life

Options
Hi there everyone,
I have been on here before and did well. I had to leave as I was diagnosed with brain cancer in Oct. 2015 and surgery was the following month. It's now gone, hopefully forever. I have gained 20lbs. since the surgery, which is not bad but I was down about 55 lbs. from where I started(205). Now I want to get that weight and maybe 10 more off. I have to change my eating habits and chocolate addiction; Help; Not super good about checking in regularly. I am currently 172lbs. Have a great week.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,779 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. :)
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you sugaraddict14.
  • Maritill
    Options
    Well, I got to 188 lbs and said that was enough. I am now down to 183.6. Hope to keep going.
  • Maritill
    Options
    Back on MFP for almost 2 months and back to the gym.
  • Maritill
    Options
    I'm still the same and it's frustrating. Trying to walk when it's not too hot and also do the nu step. I'm up to 30 min. and workload of 7 on the Nu step. I don't want to spend my life at the gym. I need to find some friends.
  • Maritill
    Options
    Well, I'm here again or should I say still. The past year has been crazy. I had problems with walking in Jan. 2018 because of pain in lower back. Yes I gained because of inactivity. I couldn't even sleep well. I still have lower back pain. I will have to live with it. Right now I weigh 189 lbs., at least I haven't hit 200 like I did in 2015. I can make 1 trip around apt. complex and that's 800 steps and then have to quit cause of pain. Watching and writing down what I eat. Now under the eyes of dr. because the A1c went to 7.7 instead of down. Here's to a new day!
    Maritill
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I hope you are right about the cancer being gone for good.
    You know what you did to lose in 2016. Start again and the pounds will melt away. Try eating smaller portions of your chocolate treats. I limit myself to 6 Hershey kisses most days (and did not buy any more when I ran out a month or so ago). That's just 120 calories and satisfies the sweet cravings. You really don't need to give up any particular foods unless you have allergies.
    Do you know the cause of the back pain? Have it checked out if it gets severe, there are ways to help with that.
  • Maritill
    Options
    The back pain is from compression fractures of the spine. Just live with it. I found the 100 calorie packs for Dove, so that should help.