I feel like an idiot....

Options
mskimee
mskimee Posts: 228 Member
So, I've been logging diligently for over 340 days and over Christmas I gained back a little (4lb to be exact) of my loss, and can't seem to shake it. I checked my diary today (after another week with no loss) and noticed I have stopped logging my coffee....something tiny, admittedly but I just logged todays caffeine hit and it's 25 calories a cup. I love love love my coffee, so I could drink anywhere from 3-10 cups a day, depending on work etc, so we are talking an extra 75-250 cals a day I have been missing! I honestly can't believe I've been so stupid as to ignore it!! So 525-1750 calories a week has been missed out of my diary. Well, back to logging accurately from today and here's hoping to see a difference in the next few weeks!

Replies

• jayjsee
    jayjsee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You should not feel like an idiot at all! I think this app is more to get you aware of what you eat, what kind of nutrients you should be getting, etc. So don't beat yourself over that!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    hey don't beat yourself up, at least you know now why that small gain isn't disappearing.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Good catch.

I eat sugarless gum and don't log it. I just read the label and it's approx 5 calories a piece! How many millions of pieces have I eaten?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Coffee itself is pretty close to 0 calories..it's the added stuff like cream & sugar.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Black coffee has <2 calories. If you add milk, creamer or sugar, then you should track it.
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't feel like an idiot. We all make mistakes and have oversights. I actually cut down on my tea because I HAVE to drink it with a tablespoon of sugar, which is about 50 calories. I allow myself one in the morning to get my engine started, but after that, no more!

But at least now you can make more educated choices once you start logging your coffee and you can figure out what you need to do to start losing weight again :)
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Now you know. "And knowing is half the battle!"
    Hope tracking your coffee + condiments works out. Sounds like you're doing pretty well.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eh. Those things happen. Now you'll remember - don't beat yourself up about it.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    You must be bouncing off the walls when you reach 10 coffees a day!
  • mskimee
    Options
    You must be bouncing off the walls when you reach 10 coffees a day!

By the end of the day I'm so caffeinated i can see sound!!
  • sparks9777
    sparks9777 Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Learn to drink coffee black If cream and sugar was supposed to be in coffee. They would be in the beans
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    sparks9777 wrote: »
    Learn to drink coffee black If cream and sugar was supposed to be in coffee. They would be in the beans

That logic is ridiculous.
  • mskimee
    Options

Uck, I hate black coffee! I'd rather log the extra calories for the sweetener and skim milk than drink it black.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Do you also eat baked potatoes plain because if butter and sour cream were supposed to be on them, they would be in them on the plant?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you drink it every day in the same amount (or close) just pre-log it for the entire month in advance. Then it's there and you don't need to worry about it.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Quit drinking coffee and start smoking crack