Hey- could I be lean and sporty too?

Options
lindustum
lindustum Posts: 212 Member
Hello everyone,

I am new here and starting my diet as of today. I'm 23 years old (f) and 5'7 (169cm), weighing 152lb (69kg). My goal is 132lb (60kg). Sorry for the lengthy introduction but I wanted to make my thoughts felt and maybe people have experienced similar changes of mindset? :)
At this point I am not entirely sure whether 60kg is as far as I need to go, but I am sure it will be difficult enough anyway!

I have always been chubby, and it was only last year that my BMI was under 25 for the first time. My maximum weight was around 80kg/175lb several years back, but on average I used to hover between 71 and 74 kilos. I have a very sturdy build, broad shoulders and fairly strong for a woman without weight-lifting- and it was always my belief that I just could never be in a shape for a bikini. It wasn't an excuse to eat badly, I was honestly so convinced, never having been slim and knowing size 8 would never fit me. I was also always heavier than people who were looking fatter than I was.

However, through a very stressful year thus far I have lost a few kilos, and now weigh between 68 and 69. This happened a few months ago and I was really happy, feeling very skinny (size 12/14 trousers, 40 EU) and I found it very very easy to keep it even when eating sweets. But now I felt that I am closer to "slim" than ever before- and I had begun to wonder "maybe I could be slim one day? even through I have a broad build?" and looking here at the success stories of people with similar age, height and weight, I am absolutely gobsmacked to see that it is possible and not just some faint dream.

I have backpain due to bad posture and thanks to the NHS, I cannot pursue my favourite sport (football) anymore, and jogging is also out of the equation. For this reason I use my stationary bike every other day, 3 times a week for an hourly exercise. I don't struggle with keeping up with sport (because I need it), but my hardest task will be to cut down on carbs. Having looked at my diary just for today (haven't cycled yet), I can already spot problems and it will be difficult to keep it up when the weight loss will be so slow!

This looks like a fantastic community and I hope I will end up posting some pics in the success story section at some point! :)

Greetings from the UK